Systems Administrator at ipNX Nigeria Limitedwork ipNX Nigeria LimitedplaceLagosDate Posted: 2020-01-14
ipNXNigeria Limited, an Information and Communications Technology company, is hiring a Systems Administrator in Lagos.
Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation / configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Minimum of 2.1/ Upper Credit Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / Information Technology / Computer Science.
- Systems Administrative role in Linux environment.
- Previous years of experience working in ISP environment.
- Linux, Windows Server, Solaris administration experience necessary, in that order of preference.
- Experience with scripting, installation and migration concepts - in Bash, Perl, Python.
- Virtual Infrastructure administration experience with KVM or VMware highly desired. Storage Area Network administration experience a plus.
- Experience administering centralized data backup and recovery infrastructure, including installation and configuration of open source data backup solutions like Bacula, amanda, BareOS, etc.
- Experience deploying and administering web servers – Apache/Nginx/Tomcat.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies like OpenStack, a plus.
- Experience with Dev/Ops tooling to build, configure and deploy, a plus.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Salt Stack, Puppet)
- Working knowledge of open source CPanel (website admin panel) and Relational Database Management System like MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience supporting a high traffic customer facing website infrastructure.
- Experience administering and troubleshooting load balancing appliances in a production environment.
- Ability to document and implement processes to increase efficiency, productivity, reliability and scalability
- Project management skills a definite asset
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Team Work
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Nimble Learning.
Expected Key Results:
- Administer server's infrastructure in accordance with standards and project / operational requirements.
- Identify and promote best systems administration practices and patterns.
- Perform continuous system monitoring.
- Provide Tier II/other support.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply on or before 31st
ipNX Nigeria Limited
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information