Seed Laboratory Technician at AgriSeedCo Nigeriawork AgriSeedCo NigeriaplaceKadunaDate Posted: 2022-01-22
- AgriSeedCo Nigeria is a joint venture seed company between Seed Co West Africa Limited and SARO Agrosciences Nigeria Limited that commenced operations in Nigeria in 2014. The company was saddled with the responsibility of revolutionizing the maize value chain by producing high-yielding hybrid maize varieties in Nigeria.
- Evaluate germinating seeds/seedlings per established procedures/rules on standard, vigor, tetrazolium, and herbicide bioassay tests on all submitted samples.
- Review AOSA, ISTA and Seedling Evaluation references periodically.
- Troubleshoot and monitor for irregularities in seed or seedling test results, media, temperatures, equipment and facilities.
- Review and update standard operating procedures for germination testing.
- Conduct Moisture on all seed samples to ensure that the moisture content in seed meets the ISTA set standard for each seed variety.
- Carry out purity tests on all seed and germination material samples. This will include pest and weevil screening.
- Assist in setting up and running any other tests as requested.
- Sending samples for further analysis to other ISTA certified external laboratories
- Organize the cleaning of the laboratory. Ensure that the lab kept clean at all times and set to the required standards.
- Any other duties related to Seed Co daily activities as may be assigned to you by your supervisor
- Ensure that the Lab Standard operating procedures are duly followed at all times.
- Reviewing seed lab Standard Operating Procedures in conjunction with your supervisor.
- College Degree in Agriculture or Biological Sciences, or related field with 2 years experience.
- Certified Viability Technologist (CVT) preferred or obtaining a CvT within two years is expected.
- Experience ingermination, tetrazolium (TZ), purityand agricultural experience preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Must be well organized.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "Application for Seed Laboratory Technician" as the subject of the email on or before 3rd February,2022.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe