Procurement Assistant (Associate) at Christian Aid (CA)work Christian Aid (CA)placeAbujaDate Posted: 2022-03-15
Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. We are recruiting to fill the position of a Procurement Assistant (Associate) in Abuja.
Contract length: 6 months
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Reports to (Job Title) : Procurement Officer
- The role provides efficient and effective procurement support to enable the smooth procurement of goods and service within the Nigeria Country office in accordance with CA policy & procedures, donor requirement and global procurement practice.
- The Procurement Assistant will work closely with other members of the Internal Procurement Committee to ensure the efficient procurement of items/services.
- S/He must be able to rapidly support the Internal Procurement Committee with procurement of supplies, services, and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
- Organize procurement committee meetings, take minutes and update on the intranet
- Prepares Request for Quotations and share with vendors/service providers
- Acts as the secretary of the internal procurement committee
- Prepares minutes of bids opening/evaluation and upload on the intranet
- Supports the Internal procurement committee with market survey/research and prepares reports where necessary
- Prepares bid registers for bid submission
- Supports the procurement committee chairman to prepare and circulate quarterly procurement updates
- Monitor POs and contracts including follow up actions and follow up for timely delivery of goods and service
- Supports the procurement committee chairman with sending contract agreement/PO to vendors.
- Works with the IPC on maintaining an updated Procurement tracker
- Uploads all relevant procurement documents on the intranet
- The implementation and/or maintenance of standard Christian Aid procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that procurement is carried out in accordance to Christian Aid and donor-specific polices.
- Coordination with Procurement Committee Chairman to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
- Ensuring that all Supplies, services and equipment required are delivered in time.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Doing regular market survey for regularly purchased items.
- Advise the Procurement Committee Chairman of procurement-specific issues or improvements.
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by the PCC
Expected travel per annum: Occasional travel
On call / unsocial hours: yes
- Surge capacity for emergency responses: Yes - could be required to to travel for more than 75 days p.a. and for a period of up to 3 months but for no more than 6 months p.a. with no less than one month’s interval between postings unless in extreme circumstances.
- In order to respond to ever changing demands within the environment, Christian Aid operates within an agile framework (both in workforce and operational) that requires from all employees, a high level of responsiveness and adaptiveness to processes and structures making flexibility and a project based working approach the norm.
- To sustain this system, managers may/will agree further details of specific tasks and duties as part of the performance agreement. Any reasonable duty may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility, and employees may be required to change the focus of their role from time to time.
- This role works within the Operations Unit and is key to driving effective system and process that enable the workgroup to meet its operational objectives.
- This role undertakes support as relates with procurement in the Nigeria Country programme. The role works collaboratively within the operations team and across teams towards delivery of the administrative process.
- The role deputizes for the procurement Officer as may be required.
- External Liaise with external stakeholders; vendors, partners etc at all levels to achieve role objective and purpose
- Internal Liaising with internal stakeholders and colleagues at all levels to achieve role objectives and purpose. Working within the network of the Operations unit family, sharing knowledge and best practice across the organisation.
- Budgetary/savings responsibility: The ability to make day to day decisions to assist in the administration and smooth running of the team. Ability to negotiate and take on spot on decisions that will in turn bring good value for money.
- Click here to enter text: Outline the level of authority and accountability in decision making, what resources is the post holder responsibility for? Frequency of decision making?
- Ability to apply logical thinking, discretion, good judgement and common sense to routine task and information, and testing solutions to day to day issues.
Developing self and others:
Number of direct report 2 - Overall people management responsibilitie 2:
- Continuously look for opportunities for self-development. Give and receive honest and open feedback in a timely manner.
- Taking responsibilities, being self accountabble and holding others accountable.
Role related checks:
- Child protection clearance Not required
- Counter terrorism screening Required
- A University Degree in relevant field or any of the Social Sciences.
- Great procurement & supply chain skills
- Minimum of one-year experience in a similar role
- Proficient in Microsoft packages especially excel and Microsoft word.
- You must have experience in procurement, supply chain, stock/store, inventory and contract & vendor management
- Good communication (oral and written) skills and able to generate reports.
- Good work attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to use discretion, think out of the box and trustworthy
- Ability to work longer hours where required
- Willingness to take on more responsibilities as may be required
- Result – oriented and willingness to learn
- Procurement and administrative support experience
Digital / IT competencies required:
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint: Intermediate
- Web content design & development: N/A
- Internet based collaboration tools and video calling: Basic
- Social Media: Basic
- Data Visualisation: Basic
Salary (Full time)
£38,376 - £42,313 / Annum
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply on or before 18th March, 2022.
23rd March, 2022.
Christian Aid (CA)
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe