Junior Accountant at Sankorework SankoreplaceLagosDate Posted: 2022-05-05
Sankore is an investment and advisory firm that provides an array of wealth and fund management services to individuals and institutions. We are recruiting to fill the position of a Junior Accountant in Ikoyi, Lagos.
- The Junior Accountant is responsible for providing support to the Finance and Operations team by managing daily accounting and financial tasks.
- In this role, you will be responsible for reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledgers and preparing of management account.
Reporting & Accounting:
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports.
- Manage cash flow across assigned businesses.
- Preparation of periodic financial statements.
- Engage in Transaction postings.
- Perform Bank Reconciliation exercises.
- Serve as a point of contact for external auditors.
- Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Process internal and external payments to Clients and Vendors.
- Update and maintain the pre-payment schedules on the accounting software.
- Assist in the preparation of Management Account.
- Prepare and timely remittance of monthly regulatory returns such as PAYE, Pension, VAT, NSITF and ITF.
Cash/ Asset Management:
- Manage the Petty cash Till.
- Client Operations and transaction processing.
- Maintain fixed asset register on the software.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- 1 - 2 years’ proven work experience in a related position
- Professional Certifications (ICAN/CFA/CPA) is an added advantage.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Proficiency in Usage of accounting software (ERP).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
- Ability to engage external regulators and regulatory bodies on tax issues and remittance obligations.
- In-depth understanding of financial reporting in accordance with IFRS Reporting standard.
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Highly organized.
- An in-depth understanding of financial reporting in accordance with IFRS Reporting standard.
- Compliance and Internal Control oriented.
- Strong ethical values.
- A strong focus on excellence.
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Respectful to clients / colleagues.
- Possess a practical, flexible, and innovative approach to work.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Competitive and commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe