Database Administrators/Report and Analytics at Byteworks Technology Solutions Limitedwork Byteworks Technology Solutions LimitedplaceAbujaDate Posted: 2019-09-11
Byteworks Technology Solutions Limited is a fast-growing software and technology company indigenously owned; constituted of smart and committed young professionals. We are recruiting to fill the position of a Database Administrators/Report and Analytics in Abuja.
- Establish the needs of users and monitoring user access and security.
- Monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Map out the conceptual design for a planned database.
- Consider both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users.
- Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model
- Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements
- Install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS)
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans.
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Carry out capacity planning.
- Work closely with IT project managers, database programmers and multimedia programmers
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
Minimum Required Experience:
- A minimum of 1 year experience in Database administration/reporting and analyzing.
- A minimum of 2:2 or above in Computer Science or any other related field.
- Knowledge of structured query language (SQL), Unix and DBMS.
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills
- Communication, teamwork and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Good organisational skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- The ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT
- Willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology
- Commitment to continuing. .Professional development (CPD)
- An understanding of information legislation, such as the Data Protection Act.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CVs on or before 23rd September, 2019, using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Application should come with a 2-3 page cover letter indicating your interests, related projects completed in the past, and any other information about yourself you consider relevant to the job position.
Byteworks Technology Solutions Limited
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information