Business Analyst at Greenlight Planetwork Greenlight PlanetplaceLagosDate Posted: 2019-04-10
Greenlight Planet is a multi-national, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive. We are recruiting to fill the position of Business Analyst, Process Excellence in Lagos.
- Greenlight Planet is looking for a Business Analyst, Process Excellence who will have a leading role in helping to reshape critical business processes across the organization.
- They will join at the ground floor of a new team with an ambitious agenda to deliver step change performance improvement across critical business functions like Sales, Operations, Training, Call Centres, HR, etc.
- Process Improvement Methodology: Formulating process standards & improvement methodology and driving adoption across EasyBuy, delivering savings in costs, process cycle times reductions, and error rate reductions
- Process Architecture: Developing a Processes Architecture detailing all the organizations Business Processes, their Process Flows, Procedures and Work Instructions
- Business Process Analysis: Conducting analysis of existing business processes & systems through observation, interviews, data analysis, etc; Summarizing and succinctly presenting findings to your supervisor and other leaders in Greenlight Planet
- Process design, redesign and vetting: Working with the supervisor and project sponsors to design critical business processes that deliver increased revenue, reduce cost, or qualitative improvements like customer satisfaction. Designing processes with strong controls and KPI measurement.
- Piloting and/or leading scale implementation of new processes & systems: Working with project sponsors to prototype new processes or business improvements; project manage for successful implementation; collect data & feedback on performance; roll-out changes to all country operations.
- Preparing client ready documentation of new systems including process documents, reporting dashboards [excel, looker, BI etc. training materials, presentations etc.
- Training: Conduct trainings with junior, and senior field and office-based staff members transferring knowledge and excellent implementation of new processes
- Conducting field visits with EB operations across East Africa
- Any other business as assigned by your supervisor
The ideal Business Process Analyst:
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, Finance or other related field from a Regional or Globally Recognized University. An advanced degree is welcome
- Has 2 years experience in a strategy or operational consulting role from a top regional or global consulting firm or business.
- Has 1 year experience in project management
- Has at least 1 year experience training teams
- Is highly analytical with high degree of competency in Excel/Google Sheets, BI software (Looker, Microsoft BI, Tableau) and other analytical tools [this will be tested, do not apply if you do not have these skills]
- Is a critical Thinker: Very strong ability to structure problems and drive towards solutions even in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial Spirit with qualities of being able to work independently and figure things out with innovative thinking, problem-solving skills and presence of mind.
- Holds a track record of success in their role e.g. fast promotion, demonstrable experience in exceeding results in their role
- Is ambitious, works hard and works smart (efficiently) wants to supercharge their professional development
- Is fluent in both French and English with advanced verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate is able to distil information and understand the way to communicate to different audiences to get results
- Demonstrates humility
- Is passionate about working with rural, off-grid consumers and resolving their issues.
- Is driven by the social mission to provide energy to consumers and employment to rural communities.
- Should be a value driven individual.
- Has at least one year working experience in a high-pressure environment
- We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe