Intern at Tributary Initiativework Tributary InitiativeplaceLagos (Ikeja), Abuja (FCT), Anambra (Onitsha).Date Posted: 2021-02-18
Tributary Initiative for Learning operates within the Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) space in Nigeria. We are hiring Interns in Lagos (Ikeja), Abuja (FCT), Anambra (Onitsha).
- We are looking for a dynamic, energetic intern with a passion for public service and community engagement interested in building a career and increasing access to training and productive employment for disadvantaged youth.
- Interest - Public service, community engagement, Technical and Vocational Education and Training
- Tech Profile - Tech-Savvy, Social media proficient, Ed-Tech enthusiast
- Grant and proposal writing
- Social media content development
- Education and training development.
- Operations in a non-profit organization
- I.T problem-solving,
- Logistics and coordination of office processes / procedures,
- Event planning and other office management functions.
- Tasks are to be carried out under limited supervision within the office or remotely; therefore, leadership skills, sound judgement, time management skills, and internal motivation are essential.
- In collaboration with the Program officer, research, develop, and distribute communications materials such as press releases, newsletters, marketing emails, brochures, and social media posts.
- Expand library of individual stories by interviewing clients and staff and gathering written accounts of their experiences and taking photographs for strong storytelling to demonstrate program impact.
- Monthly report on the activities at Education partner site.
- Ensure the timely implementation of project activities and budget according to plan.
- Coordinate the delivery of training of Teachers and organized private sector.
- Manage correspondences and design internal/external communication documents.
- Always ensure compliance to project and safety standards
Level of Difficulty 1=Easy / 5=Demanding (Physical, Mental, Emotional):
- Physical difficulty is level 1; the work occurs in an office and virtual setting.
- The mental difficulty is level 3; it requires strong communication and critical thinking skills and requires the ability to use good judgment when working independently.
- The emotional difficulty is level 2; the intern is exposed to some emotionally distressing issues at a very minimal level (mostly through reading media articles and observation)
Qualifications / Requirements For Intern Applicants
- NYSC Graduate
- B.A / B.Sc / HND in Arts, Social sciences, Humanities
- Must have 1 year work experience.
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Canva, SM tools
- Desire to learn about the skills development space.
- Able to work well independently and use good judgment.
- Prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Previous volunteer or internship experience with a non-profit organization, Education/Advocacy organization is a plus
- Attention to details and follow set guidelines
- Must be willing to acquaint with changes and the technological trends in the education space.
- Internship Start Date: TBA
- Internship Time Commitment: At least 32 hours / week for approximately 12 months
- Internship Scheduling Guidelines: Monday-Friday between the hours of 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. (exclusive of CDD)
- Tools / Equipment Provided: Standard office equipment including a computer / tablet and access to the Internet
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply on or before 28th February, 2021.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe