Intern at The International Organization for Migrationwork The International Organization for MigrationplaceLagos, AbujaDate Posted: 2019-04-08
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is hiring Resource Management Interns in Abuja and Lagos, Nigeria
SVN No.: SVN2019/39
Type of Appointment: 3months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Working under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of Senior Information Technology Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the installation, operation and maintenance of computer systems, hardware peripherals.
- He/ She will support to oversee daily incoming calls to the IT department, open help desk tickets as appropriate, troubleshoot and correct minor IT issues, escalating more complex IT issues to the IT Assistant. He/she will;
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist to install new hardware including: PC, laptops, printers and software and periodically performs system clean-up.
- Assist in the filing of all relevant ICT related documents.
- Assist in managing the inventory database of ICT equipment (hardware and software)
- Serve as a resource to users who are experiencing computer problems and trouble-shoots issues related to access, online connection, file storage, and application functionality.
- Assist in setting equipment during presentations.
- Monitor inventory levels and alert supervisor when low thresholds are reached.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or it’s equivalent from an accredited academic institution in computer science, information technology or related course of study.
- Minimum of one (1) year post graduation experience in the field of ITC including operational and field experiences,
- Ability to work with an established IT support centre – communication by phone and email;
- Fluency in English and Native Language; Fluency in multiple native languages advantageous;
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies - behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position applied on subject.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2019.37 Maiduguri & Lagos. Junior Information Technology Assistant G3
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The International Organization for Migration
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information