Data Engineer Intern at Indicinawork IndicinaplaceLagosDate Posted: 2022-05-10
Indicina is a venture-funded FinTech building the technology infrastructure that will power the next generation of consumer credit platforms and businesses. We are recruiting to fill the position of Data Engineer Intern in Lagos.
About the Role
- We are looking for motivated and talented individuals to join our team.
- The goal of this internship is to fill gaps in machine learning and better prepare you for a future career in Data Engineering.
- As a Data Engineer intern, you will be working closely with a supervisor and other colleagues who will provide you with real hands-on projects and daily tasks.
- Collaborate with developers, tech leads and solution architects to build applications.
- Improve existing processes by adding new functionalities or proposing technological updates so that as a result, the impact of your contribution is significant in the core of the business.
- Work with different business and technical teams across the company to establish unified definitions, systems, and data governance for key metrics.
- Build scalable backend solutions for automation of data processing;
- Develop predictive/segmentation models to understand our customers’ behaviour and convert that to actionable that will drive product/marketing/sales key metrics;
- Initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in a related field
- Software Engineering experience with proficiency in at least one high-level programming language (preferably Python)
- Experience building and optimizing data ETL from one system to another
- Experience working with Cloud (AWS) services – EMR, Airflow, Glue, Lambdas etc
- Experience with tuning queries for a columnar database like AWS Redshift
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other office tools such as Slack, Jira
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Organizational skills and understanding of the data lifecycle
- Experience working with a team.
- High impact and visibility role in a fast-growing start-up
- Internet Allowance
- Flexible work opportunities
- Virtual and Onsite Team building activities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe