Venture Partner - Business at MEST Africawork MEST AfricaplaceNairobi, Lagos, Cape TownDate Posted: 2020-02-14
MEST Africa was built on the idea that "talent" is everywhere, but "opportunity" is not. It has since expanded to 4 countries and works with entrepreneurs from across Africa.
Our mission is to create work and wealth in Africa by training, supporting and investing in talented entrepreneurs who can build and scale successful tech businesses.
Our vision is to become the most significant Pan-African incubator, tech community fostering the growth of companies that can more effectively scale across the continent.
MEST Africa is looking for a venture partner for a 1-year assignment supporting software startups across its markets. Our portfolio is home to 50+ (and growing!) funded early-stage technology startups, comprised of graduates from our award-winning training program that recruits exceptional talent from all over Africa. Read more at meltwater.org/incubator.
To be a venture partner to MEST companies and be the chief enabler for assigned portfolio companies to scale effectively and be a part of a team effort to ensure the overall MEST portfolio is thriving.
- To utilize knowledge and skills related to specialization to grow assigned portfolio companies and work across all portfolio companies as identified by other venture partners.
- To work with assigned portfolio companies to diagnose and understand their tier status (current state), develop a plan for scaling effectively, guide, direct and own their growth journey including bringing in relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Leverage a key skill to uncover, coach and develop within our startups - sales, growth, strategy, leadership, fundraising etc.
- To develop portfolio management skills to become a more rounded and accomplished business advisor for startups that are scaling
- Assist and enable portfolio companies in achieving their quarterly metrics
- 2 years of demonstrating successful use of startup portfolio management skills,
preferably on the continent or in an emerging market
- (or) 2 years working on either different frameworks for growth, venture building or investment funding
- (or) 1-year experience at an early stage start-up or fast-paced environment that demonstrates proactiveness and ability to thrive within lean teams
- Problem solver
- Can-do attitude
- Team player, able to recognize and utilize other team member's strengths
- Willing and eager to learn
- Good communication skills
- Ability and desire to travel
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information