Transmission Engineer at Airtel Nigeriawork Airtel NigeriaplaceLagosDate Posted: 2020-12-25
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a telecommunications company, is hiring a Transmission Engineer in Lagos.
- This is a vital position to support network unit to do planning and providing technical solutions for connecting cell sites and enterprise customer locations.
- This person will interact with the Partners’ teams’ very extensively. Robust, flexible and state of art fiber and microwave transmission network planning & delivery is the essence of the role.
Microwave network Design & Planning:
- Design to microwave access & BB network to meet required link / network reliability criteria.
Fiber network design & planning:
- Plan & design to expand the existing fiber network to build resilience in the network.
- Last mile solution design for enterprise customers
Redundancy & protection design-:
- Design network redundancy & reliability better than 99.999%.
- Sound knowledge of local regulatory requirements regarding frequency spectrum use.
Skills & Knowledge
- 1- 3 years relevant experience in planning of transmission networks domain
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree
- Proven hands-on network engineering experience
- CCNA, or higher (CCNP, CCIE /or CISSP highly valued)
- Good understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Good understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Must have good knowledge of transmission technologies like microwave, Fiber networks, DWDM, SPDH/SDH, ASON, VSAT, MPLS, Data communications, etc.
- Sound knowledge of Transmission of Mobile & Enterprise Network - Planning
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytical tools
- Proficiency in tools like google earth, MapInfo, pathloss4/5 and excel
- Analytical and Presentation skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe