Technical Support Engineer at FINCAwork FINCAplaceOwerri, ImoDate Posted: 2020-07-07
FINCA, a leading international Microfinance Institution, is recruiting to fill the position of a Technical Support Engineer in Owerri, Imo.
- FINCA Nigeria is recruiting an experienced, motivated with knowledgeable background for Technical Support Engineer Position.
- The position reports directly to the Systems & Network Administrator or as may be assigned, and is responsible to provide technical support of User, computers and peripheral devices in FINCA Nigeria.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide first line of support to users of the network.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware failures, network operating system problems and other LAN/WAN related malfunctions
- Identify and resolve all hardware, Network Operating System, Operating System, and LAN, MAN, WAN related issues.
- Set up and maintain security measures on the network, including the setting up of passwords and provision of access privileges to users.
- Ensure the security and safety of corporate databases against viruses, hackers and intruders
- Set up, install and configure all IT related equipment and accessories
- Arrange for regular servicing and maintenance of networking equipment.
- Liaise with third party suppliers and vendors to ensure that all IT related equipment and network operating systems operate to specifications
- Maintain servers, routers, switches, workstations, stand-alone PCs and miscellaneous supporting devices and OS software.
- Maintain an inventory of all Network related equipment showing the physical location, the user, a clear description, the speed and capacity of the equipment.
- Assist in maintaining the disaster recovery site and ensure business continuity in times of crisis.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with other departments and users to resolve user problems.
- Carry out installation on in branches and Head office.
- Maintain all the registers and logs pertaining to your job functions
- Update procedures and manuals relating to the job function
- Undertake any other assignment related to information systems technology as may be assigned by the Head of department.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree / Higher National Diploma in Electronics and Computer Science or its equivalents
- Relevant experience in related function, especially with a financial institution.
- Network certification will be an added advantage
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- An MCSE /CCNA/CCNP or Linux Certified is added advantage
- Prior experience working in a telecom industry is an added advantage.
- Employee Engagement: Maintains a fulfilling work environment; Provides feedback on performance regularly.
- Achievement Focus: Overcomes obstacles creatively; Consistently achieves business objectives; Recognizes and pursues opportunities; Takes calculated risks to achieve goals.
- Collaboration: Convinces others collaboration is a win-win; Holds people accountable to work together; Fosters mutual accountability to achieve results; Develops rapport throughout the Company.
- Responsible for Results: Takes responsibility for own actions; Balances urgency with attention to detail.
- Financial Responsibility; Conserves organizational resources; Works within budget guidelines; Assesses ROI on expenditures; Adjusts allocations to take advantage of unplanned opportunities.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; Fluency in atleast1 local language preferred.
- Ensure information system costs are within budget
- Ability to get a good return on investment in computerized banking systems.
- Maintain minimum downtime on information.
- Timely and efficient implementation of information system in the Region.
- Timely and promptly delivery of services to customers.
- Ensures financial reports are produced accurately and timely.
- Ensure an efficient information system.
- Successful Candidate Must be willing available to relocate to Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply 17th July, 2020.
Note: Interview process will be conducted in Owerri Imo State
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe