Talent Sourcer: Engineering at Microsoft Corporationwork Microsoft CorporationplaceNigeriaDate Posted: 2021-06-24
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. We are recruiting to fill the position of a Talent Sourcer: Engineering in Nigeria
Job Number: 1078244
About the Job
- At Microsoft we maximise our opportunity to ID & Engage the very best passive talent and sell Microsoft career opportunities. To make this happen we have created a centralised (although geographically disparate) team of exceptionally talented recruiters who have pure passion for talent sourcing. These stars are experts at finding the hardest to find passive talent and incredibly skilled at selling Microsoft career opportunities. Simply put, we’ve created a team who are 100% focussed on external hiring. We are now hiring multiple Engineering Talent Sourcers who have experience with Technical / Engineering / Software Development hiring. We have roles spanning various levels from mid-senior/principal level.
What this role involves:
- As an Engineering Talent Sourcer you will drive the external search activity against various roles across the EMEA region and focus on one of our key hubs including Prague, Dublin, Tallin, Lagos, Nairobi.
- The role is hands on sourcing with an element of data insight and mapping.
- This role is more than simple recruiting, you should be able to talk about the Microsoft strategy and articulate career opportunities that truly engages passive talent.
- You must thrive in the hunt, and be focused on networking closely within the industry to identify the right talent and companies to target.
- You’ll cover the basics of recruiting, but more importantly, leverage your business knowledge to develop meaningful recruiting strategies which promote direct methods to source, evaluate, and pipeline exceptional candidates for Microsoft.
This is how you will spend most of your time:
- Be the driver of external hiring activity, subject expert for sourcing strategies within your target skillsets.
- Directly partner with business leaders and internal recruiters in defining and maintaining core and pivotal pipelines
- Craft custom outreach and meaningful candidate engagement with mostly passive talent
- Work with teams to engage the business early in the recruiting cycle, always promote diverse hires and candidates directly from our key competitors
- Own candidate relationships all the way to the point of an in-person interview, and will be tightly integrated into the feedback process during the interview process
- Research and gather market intelligence. Map our competitors, deliver data driven insight.
This is what we’re looking for in you:
- Knowledge and experience hiring technical skills across the EMEA region. You will likely have experience of tech specific channels such as GitHub, Stack overflow, meetups, Google CSE etc.
- People who are passionate about sourcing activity and can demonstrate innovation in sourcing, exceptional practice & people who are curious and creative in their approach.
- Advanced research/sourcing skills. Including use of Boolean, social media and alternative search techniques.
- High level of influence, can change the mind of passive candidates, can impact hiring manager’s decisions. Confidence and credibility that goes with that.
- Ability to have meaningful conversations with passive talent and persuasive enough to spark interest
- Naturally driven to deliver results with little supervision, and effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects and candidates
- Ability to drive clarity in ambiguity, define requirements, advise/consult and push back when required.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to network within the industry to identify top performers.
- Result Oriented, focused on outcomes & KPI achievement, not only inputs.
Required / Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Engineeringor related field AND talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role.
- Microsoft enables you to do more and achieve more thorough technology, our talented sourcers enable Microsoft to do more and achieve more through hunting & hiring the best.
- Successful recruiters / sourcers in this role come from a variety of backgrounds including pure researchers from search and selection, industry recruiters and classic talent sourcing / resourcing backgrounds.
- This role is focussed on the external market and the pursuit of the best talent, if this sounds like you and you are up for an incredible challenge, please apply today. We’re a team in growth, we’re on a mission and we’re having fun along the way.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe