Supply Chain Assistant at Save the Childrenwork Save the ChildrenplaceyobeDate Posted: 2019-04-18
Save the Children, an international non-governmental organisation that promotes children's rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries, is hiring a Supply Chain Assistant in Yobe
- To manage and support logistics - including the office vehicles, assets, properties and an efficient procurement system to ensure transparency and accountability for SC Nigeria.
- Reports to: Supply Chain Coordinator
- Staff directly reporting to this post:
- Budget responsibility: None
People Management & Leadership:
- Supervise, coordinate, monitor and guide the work of Direct Reports.
- Manage performance on an on-going basis, including motivation, problem resolution, training identification as well as provision of formal Performance Appraisals according to SC Nigeria policies and procedures. Hold monthly review meetings with Direct Report.
- Perform personnel administrative tasks, including coordinating and participating in the hiring and promotion process.
- Liaise with identified preferred travel agents in Maiduguri and Abuja.
- Manage travel arrangements, including hotel and flight reservation and bookings.
- Liaise with Abuja to ensure coordination of functions when official visitors are expected
- Manage, maintain and repair vehicles.
- Responsible for administering litigations and traffic offenses.
- Ensure vehicles have current and lawful documentation.
- Manage service agreements related to vehicle maintenance and fuelling.
- Update the vehicle cost schedule and produce regular reports.
- Receive travel requests, and maintain trip schedules and Staff Movement Board.
- Manage and maintain Asset and Inventory list for SC Nigeria leased property. Ensure assets are numbered correctly.
- Ensure good condition of assets, and maintain Asset Condition reports.
- Maintain Fixed Asset files, including vehicles and lease agreements and documentation for leased houses. Ensure proper documentation of assets transfers.
- Ensure leased properties are in good habitable conditions. Overseeing repairs on these houses, liaising with the caretaker and landlord where necessary.
- Establish and maintain a list of contact details for preferred service providers including carpenters, electricians, plumbers, generator servicers and builders and make this list available to staff.
- Respond efficiently and quickly to purchase requisitions, and follow up and maintain record of supplies. Ensure that the items bought match the request, are of good quality, reliable, appropriate and at a reasonable price.
- Record all incoming goods, their dispatch and timely delivery to projects. Ensure complete documentation of procurement actions consistent with SC Nigeria policy is kept on file.
- Ensure proper documentation that allows quick and efficient release of goods from customs.
- Maintain the procurement file and ensure that it is up to date with all documentation and information relating to any procurement under taken.
- Produce monthly logistics site report, vehicle and generator cost performance report for the Katsina office.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Level of Education - Diploma
- General Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level - Excellent
- Language Requirements - English - Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise Required - Good
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role - 2, including experience in Procurement and Logistics
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply on or before 25th April, 2019.
Save the Children
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information