Specialist - Trade Services (Letter of Credit - Issuance, Amendments & Cash Confirmation) at First Bank of Nigeria Limitwork First Bank of Nigeria LimitedplaceLagosDate Posted: 2020-12-23
First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank), Nigeria's largest financial services institution, is hiring a Specialist - Trade Services (Letter of Credit - Issuance, Amendments & Cash Confirmation) in Lagos
- To establish letters of credit with correspondent banks
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsibility of issuing documentary letters of credit.
- Ensure that the terms of LC’s are clearly understandable and compatible with the broad parameters of the international chamber of commerce and CBN manual.
- Ensure uniform customs and practice for documentary credits as well as shipping terms and practices are adhered to.
- Verifies all documentation for accuracy and completeness, ensure that all documentation is evaluated and adheres to bank policies and procedures.
- Ensure that proper drawing instructions are given to the advising and reimbursing bank regarding drawings under the documentary letter of credit.
- Maintain register for all types of LC’s.
- Reporting of monthly forex utilization.
- Timely utilization of forex allocated for cash covered l/cs.
- Regular correspondence with banks regarding processed transactions.
- Daily CBN reporting.
- Seek approvals when necessary from CBN as regards transactions.
- Maintains and updates customer utilization registers for customer’s USD line.
- Account proofing.
- Ensures transactions are flown through the fSS workflow.
- Job Requirements
Education and Experience
- Minimum Education: First Degree in any discipline
- 1 year working experience in foreign operations
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply on on or before 25th December, 2020.
First Bank of Nigeria Limited
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe