Solar Energy Systems Engineer at ASC Energywork ASC EnergyplaceOyo stateDate Posted: 2019-08-14
ASC Energy is an Energy Service Company with the objective to design, develop & build and install efficient, cost effective solutions. We are recruiting to fill the position of a Solar Energy Systems Engineer in Eruwa, Oyo State.
- Responsible for designing renewable energy solution and project managing renewable energy projects in Nigeria
- End to end execution of solar projects (Rooftop & Ground Mounted).
- Responsible for operational level understanding of the requirement of the client/customer.
- Site Visits to understand feasibility, the candidate must be able to check site feasibility by capturing all power requirements from site and gaining an understanding of usage of equipment to build an energy profile.
- Conduct engineering site audits to collect structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of the solar power systems.
- Responsible for building a project plan for end to end delivery of solar energy system.
- Create plans for solar energy system development, monitoring, and evaluation activities.
Renewable Solution Design:
- Designing of arrangements of the solar panels for rooftop & ground mounted.
- Develop design specifications and calculate functional requirements for all required electrical infrastructure including:
- Charge controllers,
- Creating layouts & schematic diagrams of system design.
- Create electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules, or connection diagrams for solar electric systems using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Create checklists for review or inspection of completed solar installation projects.
- Review specifications and recommend products to achieve solar design objectives.
- Test or evaluate solar equipment and or suppliers of photovoltaic (PV) cells or modules, inverters, batteries.
- Provide technical direction to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring.
Supply Chain Management:
- Knowledge of supply chain of installers,
- Maintaining of files and documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists.
- To provide with up-to-date weekly / fortnightly status report on projects. Develop MIS and ability to analyse market data
- Develop standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation work.
- Have a good understanding of logistics and requirements of clearing equipment from imported from abroad or moving across Nigeria.
- Be able to organize movement of large amounts of equipment across the country.
Qualification & Experience
- An Electrical Engineering degree
- Relevant additional electrical qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Post-graduation experience in solar energy deployment is highly desirable
- Knowledge in PVSYST and AutoCAD
- Knowledge in electrical design concepts
- Project Management Skills
Must be able to use:
- Electronic mail software - Microsoft Outlook
- Office suite software - Microsoft Office
- Presentation software - Microsoft PowerPoint
- Project management software - Microsoft Project
- Spreadsheet software - Microsoft Excel
- Word processing software - Microsoft Word
- Advantageous to know solar software to perform computer simulation of solar photovoltaic (PV) generation system performance or energy production to optimize efficiency
- System advisory Modeler
- PVSYST etc
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs on or before 1st January, 2020, using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information