Satellite Engineer (Junior Level) at Trefoil Networkswork Trefoil NetworksplaceAbujaDate Posted: 2020-08-10
Trefoil Networks is a full-service data communications, e-Solutions and video services provider. We are recruiting to fill the position of a Satellite Engineer (Junior Level) in Abuja.
- Works with the company for the Design, Implementation, Installation, Deployment, management and maintenance of the Division’s Satellite based Network Communications Solutions.
- Network engineer responsible for monitoring networks to capture availability, performance and / or capacity metrics of VSAT customer sites
- To ensure that customers VSAT sites are accurately installed according to laid down standards and specifications.
- Provides 1st level troubleshooting and repair via technical phone support to VSAT Resellers and end users, including maintenance of online knowledgebase.
- To keep and maintain ALL satellite schedules, options files, service orders and customer premises equipment data records for all customer sites.
- To maintain appropriate support / maintenance log sheets, records, per customer, for accurate support records.
- Design and integration of LAN / WAN systems using VSAT technologies, and WAN IP routing for voice, data and video.
- Performs specialized duties in support of VSAT networking, installation, testing, and training of customer and network support personnel in the use of hardware and applicable software
- To carry out routine checkup / maintenance on customer sites as may be directed or required.
- To follow up on all support and maintenance agreement with different satellite solutions clients and customers.
- Schedules the satellite projects and monitors progress. Keeps teams on task and within deadlines for all deliverables.
- Writes project summary reports, deliver presentations to management
- Any other duty as assigned by line manager or management.
Qualifications / Experience
- A Bachelor of Science degree IT or Engineering disciplines.
- Cisco certification is an advantage
Competencies / Skills:
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Behavioral Qualities / Other Competences:
- Personal integrity and high work ethical standards
- Detail oriented
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV on or before 14th August, 2020, using the position as subject of email.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe