Sales Development Representative at Klashawork KlashaplaceLagos (Hybrid)Date Posted: 2021-11-26
Klasha makes it easy for African consumers to shop online. We build technology that allows African consumers to easily access the goods they want on the continent. We enable payments online in local African currencies and can handle the last-mile logistics for our retail partners too. Statistically, Africa is the future, so we believe consumers on the continent should have the same frictionless access to the global e-commerce economy as consumers in the West.
Klasha was founded in Lagos, Nigeria in 2018 and is backed by Techstars, Ginco Investments and a group of notable angel investors. Klasha is run by 20-somethings from five nationalities that speak six different languages between them. Klasha has offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and Lagos, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
About the Role
- The ultimate aim of a sales development representative is to expand a company's customer base. You will generate leads, solicit new potential customers, and connect these customers with the right salesperson.
- The sales development representative's responsibilities include generating potential leads, soliciting potential customers, facilitating sales, and connecting customers with the right salesperson.
- We are looking for a friendly, well-spoken sales development representative to assist our company in expanding our customer base.
- To be successful in this role, you should have excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills. You should also be able to demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines and have strong analytical and mathematical skills.
What You Will Be Doing
- Conduct market research to identify selling possibilities and evaluate customer needs
- Create potential customer’s lists in the UK, US, Middle East and Asia
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and social media
- Set up meetings with potential clients and listen to their wishes and concerns
- Identify prospect's needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Build long-term trusting relationships with prospects to qualify leads as sales opportunities
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and sales executives
- Report to sales manager with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results
- Performing regular follow-up calls or emails and facilitating communication with existing customers to ensure their satisfaction and identify new potential needs.
- Collaborating with sales executives to ensure the company's goals and targets are met.
What it takes to succeed in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business related field
- 2-3 years of sales experience, with a history of exceeding lead targets
- Strong communication skills via phone and email and customer service skills.
- Proven creative problem-solving approach, time management and strong analytical skills
- Strong desire and ability to move up within a sales organization
- Ability to focus on Market research and create leads
- Successful completion of coursework in sales techniques, marketing, and communication may be advantageous.
- Computer literacy skills.
- All the latest technology you need to do your role including a laptop and accessories
- Competitive salary
- Fast and expanding career progression
- Private health insurance
- Professional development training budget
- Free lunch in the office
- Budget for French language classes
- One-time home office set-up allowance
- Hybrid; remote + office hours and flexible working conditions
- Access to Klasha Sessions development training courses
- Diesel and fuel allowance for remote working
- Work-from-anywhere weeks: Work from anywhere for three weeks in a year
- Paid birthday day off
- Team building events
- Bank holidays swap
- Access to mental health wellness services
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe