Research Assistant at TechnoServework TechnoServeplaceNigeriaDate Posted: 2020-08-14
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are recruiting to fill the position of a Research Assistant in Nigeria.
- We're looking for a Research Assistant for a research project
About the Project
- The project is to support the building of a knowledge base of community-based actors in the agriculture value chain and strategically defining and implementing an expansion plan that increases the volume of goods traded on the Cellulant Agrikore platform as well as creates work opportunities for at least 50,000 youth. Project actors are farmers, aggregators, transporters, and youth engaged in the agriculture sector across 6 states and 50 LGAs in Nigeria. The database of market actors will include at least 30,000 farmers, 2,500 agribusinesses, and 20,000 youth.
- Primary Purpose: The project requires a research assistant who will review existing reports, reach out to stakeholders for additional state and LGA-level data, and conduct additional stakeholder interviews as needed. The Research Assistant will also support data analysis and provide inputs for final report writing. The successful candidate will work under the guidance and supervision of the Project Manager in line with the guidelines and deliverables of TechnoServe and its partners with respect to strengthening data quality and assurance. Due to COVID-19 the successful candidate will work mostly remotely but may be expected to make short trips to the field periodically. The tasks below are the key deliverables but they are not exhaustive.
- Design data points for data collection especially secondary data
- Conduct literature reviews
- Collect, analyze data and report secondary data for the approved data points
- Prepare materials for submission and prepare interview questions
- Recruit and/or interview subjects and Summarize interviews
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
- Maintain database for all interviews
- Manage and respond to project-related email
- Travel to field sites to collect and record data and/or samples as appropriate
- Code and verify data in accordance with the specified research protocol and coding procedures and enter data into a computer database and/or spreadsheet application for subsequent analysis
- Develop or assist in the development of interview schedules; contact potential subjects to introduce and explain study objectives and protocol and to arrange interviews, either in person or by telephone
- Identify and compile lists of potential agribusinesses to be interviewed
- Conduct and record face-to-face and/or telephone interviews with subjects, in accordance with predetermined interview protocol, data collection procedures and documentation standards
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Economics, Statistics, Agriculture, Computer Science, etc
- Experience in digital platforms for monitoring, planning and project management
- Very good computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, google forms/sheets)
- Experience in statistical analysis software is an added advantage
- Previous experience working with data collectors in the humanitarian sector is a plus
- Good communication skills and ability to present documents and activity reports clearly
- Experience in team management, coordination, problem-solving and working under pressures to deliver a quality product is required
Top skills & proficiencies:
- Communication, Attention to detail, Critical thinking, Technical skills
- Statistical and Graphical Analysis of Data
- Ability to maintain quality, safety and/or infection control standards
- Planning, scheduling, Interviewing and Data Collection
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply.
Note: Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe