QA Engineer (Dev in Test) - Automation at Carbon Nigeriawork CarbonplaceLagosDate Posted: 2019-09-11
Carbon started in 2012 as a brick and mortar consumer lender focused on the Nigerian market. Having raised a Series A round in 2015, we pivoted in 2016 to become a digital lender via the Paylater App (www.paylater.ng) and recently re-branded in April 2019 to Carbon App (https://getcarbon.co). We are focused on providing access to financial services to the “Next Billion’ starting in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of a QA Engineer (Dev in Test) - Automation in Lagos
What are we looking for?
- You will be expected to work with the rest of QA team to own the overall quality of the container-based microservices we produce and working with the wider team to ensure a seamless experience for the users of our customer-facing products. You will need to drive the automation using sound testing principles to ensure all functional and non-functional requirements are all consistently met.
- Communicate with developer and PO to enhance Acceptance Criteria.
- Create test cases.
- Perform API testing using Postman (JSON and XML).
- Use Kibana to track errors.
- Create supporting QA documentation for new features.
- Mentor Junior QA engineers.
- Produce test plan for any feature under test.
- Develop & Automate end to end tests using the test framework.
You should apply if:
- The work we’re doing sounds exciting!
- You’re passionate about Financial Services.
- You’re familiar with some of our Platform or Frontend technologies or specialize in just one part.
- You want to help build, scale and operate a platform to support a product that you (and everyone you know) use or will use every day.
- You’re keen to learn more about new technologies and the arcane inner workings of the financial industry.
- You’re comfortable working in a team that deals with ambiguity.
- You’re passionate about writing high-quality code and automating everything that can be automated in distributed systems and frontend products.
We are looking for candidates who can meet the following criteria - We want to emphasis that we don’t expect you to meet all of the below but would love you to have experience in at least one area:
- Design, develop and execute test plans and test cases.
- Build and improve the Automation Framework.
- Provide leadership and mentorship for automation testing in the company.
- Define, compose, and evaluate test plans for our platform and frontend products.
- Translate business requirements into functional tests.
- Implement and maintain automation scripts.
- Contribute to functional, integration, performance, and regression testing.
- Define and adhere to quality initiatives.
- Provide metrics and results from all testing efforts that will support business decisions.
- Work closely with engineering and product management to ensure quality in any release.
- Update testing strategies appropriately.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in QA automation.
- Knowledge of the Selenium and Appium test tools.
- Experience with test automation framework such as TestNG, Cucumber, etc.
- Knowledge of mobile emulators and mobile operating systems.
- Knowledge of virtual and emulated mobile test environments.
- Experience with QA-related tools for requirements management, test management, and defect tracking.
- Experience in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery test environment.
- Proficient in Agile development methodologies (e.g., Kanban, Scrum) and processes.
- API testing experience, either JSON and XML (both is a bonus).
- Manual and Automation testing knowledge.
- Confidence in writing acceptance criteria.
- An understanding of the development lifecycle, software release process and defect management.
- Exceptional analysis, reporting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of estimating work.
Benefits and Diversity
- At Carbon we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
- We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be.
- That means we have no judgement when it comes to any of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coffee. All you need is a passion for technology and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing start-ups in the African continent. We’re keen to ensure we redesigning a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply.
- Our interview process is normally a phone interview, a coding task and call to discuss it, and 1-2 hours of final interviews. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
- We might design a QA automation test together on a whiteboard, the same way we often work together, but we won’t make you write code on one.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information