Project Associate at Hamilton Lloyd and Associateswork Hamilton Lloyd and AssociatesplaceLagosDate Posted: 2020-06-22
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates is a young and innovative boutique human resources firm, which is focused on offering personalized services to organizations across a diverse range of sectors. We are recruiting to fill the position of a Project Associate in Lagos.
- The primary responsibility of the Project Executive is to contribute to the originating, planning and co-ordination of the companyТs projects from inception to completion
- Develop and deliver business prospects and potential projects from private sector and public-sector clients and ensure projects and programmes are delivered within defined budgets and to specified standards of quality and performance
- Enhance the sustenance of exceptionally high-performance standards in OrganisationТs business by supporting Project Analysts and Project Managers in establishing, developing and managing the planning, control and co- ordination of specific OrganisationТs projects from inception to completion
- Provide a professional Business Development service including RFP monitoring/evaluation; proposal/tender preparation/submission; contract negotiation/set-up; client liaison and management; which meet OrganisationТs quarterly/annual projections and satisfies client expectations
- Work closely with the Managing Partner and participate actively in the delivery of all contracts and client engagements
Project Organization and Management:
- Support the Project Team from project initiation, work stream activity, due diligence, field work to final presentations and report writing; actively handling key work and directing and coordinating work of other team members from across multiple business units. Take responsibility and accountability for project-related decisions and relationships.
- Deliver all projects and accountabilities of the role efficiently, on a timely and expeditious basis and using best practice standards. Ensure that defined project requirements recorded in the Scope of Work and Deliverables documentation are executed accordingly. Monitor the project and report project results internally and externally.
- Research, draft and produce high-quality Project output deliverables: Project Initiation Report (PIR), Assessment Report, Gap Analysis, Outline Strategic Business Case (OSBC), Investment Memorandum (IM), Training Curriculum, Business Process Manual (BPM), Financial Model, etc based on specific requests from clients.
- Contribute to administrative aspects of the OrganisationТs Project work through oversight and line-management of Project Assistants and Support Staff by setting deadlines, guidance in collation and compiling information required for reports, preparation and production of reports, direction in conducting library and internet-based research and production of PowerPoint presentations.
- Plan and organise Project functions including liaison with the OrganisationТs employees (internally), clients, suppliers, Consultants and other stakeholders (externally) as appropriate.
- Manage clients and External Consultants; establish and strengthen client relationships with a focus on excellence.
- Organise Project Team meetings and teleconferences; attend and prepare meeting minutes, agendas and relevant paperwork; ensure documents are distributed in a timely fashion; ensure issues and risks are escalated promptly
Business Development and Client Services:
- New Business Origination : Source and assess opportunities with coverage for all of Nigeria, identifying bankable projects and particularly growing and developing new business transactions in the private sector. Develop and guide teams in the preparation of Pitch Books and Client Proposals in support of this new business.
- New Business Development: Nurture business prospects acting as a point of contact for existing and prospective clients; sourcing new business, developing business prospects, closing deals, managing relationships with external contacts including clients, Consultants and suppliers.
- Prospect Development: research, produce and submit Concept Papers, solicited and unsolicited Project Proposals, Public and Private Sector Expressions of Interest (EOI), Request for Proposals (RFP), Competitive Bid Tenders whilst ensuring submitted proposals and bids are fully compliant and contain all requested documentation.
Project Development Administration:
- Structure the Project Execution Frameworks and Project Timeline according to understanding and assessment of Scope of Work, Client Risk and resourcing.
- Negotiate project terms with clients, internal and external stakeholders, under the general direction of the Organisation's Engagement Partner. Prepare client presentations and support their decision making at key transaction stages.
- Responsible for follow-up enquiries and information requests related to project development work in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
- Define, articulate and submit final Technical and Financial Proposals based on a work budget costing, professional fees and third-party expenses for prospective projects.
- Complete negotiations, agreements and closing financial aspects of engagements based on the OrganisationТs standard charge-out rates.
- Coordinate and be responsible for all aspects of the New Project TeamТs mobilisation with monitoring of financial records relating to expenditure.
- Prepare initial (Kick-Off Workshop) presentations for Prospective Projects using MS Visio, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- First degree (minimum Second Class Upper Division) from a top-drawer University with a demonstrable record of academic achievement.
- Strong analytical skills with at least 2 years experience with an international organisation.
- Basic accounting knowledge (analysis of financial reports), basic financial modelling and knowledge of project output deliverables: Project Initiation Report (PIR), Assessment Report, Gap Analysis, Outline Strategic Business Case (OSBC), Investment Memorandum (IM), Training Curriculum, Business Process Manual (BPM); will be essential for this role.
- Good understanding of English with confident language fluency that confers strong (public) presentation and communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills; a good team player. Must have pleasant telephone and good e-mail etiquette.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook), Microsoft Access & Visio, DTP Software (Adobe Indesign, etc).
- Confident and assertive individual willing to work independently, occasional travel and work long hours in an international environment.
- Previous Consulting Experience with a multinational Professional Services Firm.
- Postgraduate qualifications.
- Modern Language Skills with fluency in one European or other Language.
- Previous relevant multinational experience in healthcare or life sciences sector.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a professional Cover Letter on or before 2nd July, 2020, using the Job Title as subject of the email
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe