Program Support Officer - Innovations and Initiative at Skills Outside School Foundationwork Skills Outside School FoundationplaceAbujaDate Posted: 2020-09-14
Skills Outside School Foundation, a not-for-profit organisation, is hiring a Program Support Officer - Innovations and Initiatives in Abuja (FCT)
- The innovations and initiatives Program Support Officer manages the innovative process of the organisation. (S)He will be tasked with identifying innovative potentialities and bringing them to fruition in order to best benefit the overall goals of the organisation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Brainstorms with the creative team to discover new solutions and approaches to old problems.
- Formulates effective new ideas and innovative strategies for product development, marketing, branding, or business opportunities.
- Recognizes promising ideas and finds ways to introduce them into the organisation's future plans and discards ideas that are ineffective, costly, or beyond the scope of the organisation's mission or abilities to develop.
- Strategizes with the team to transform general ideas into workable solutions.
- Analyzes existing practices to isolate areas ripe for improvement or enhancement.
- Encourages creative thinking in the team and finds ways to nurture innovative thinking across all areas of the organisation.
- Follows target audience responses to new ideas, tracks and analyzes the success of new products or services, and responds to customer questions or concerns.
- Monitors research and development of other organizations to spot trends in innovation and supplement research findings in the organisation's industry.
- Allocates resources to maintain the organization's existing agenda while accounting for new projects.
- Evaluates the progress of innovation and adjusts the pace or direction of new projects in accordance.
- Keeps all new projects in line with the company's mission and maintains consistency with the organisation's message and brand.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required.
- Background in marketing, research and development, product development, or strategy is recommended.
- Proven experience in the industry or working in a leadership role in a similar industry.
- Portfolio of past work.
- Minimum of 2 years experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess an inquisitive and creative mind.
- Must be independent and self-directed but able to work and lead a team of creative individuals.
- Superior research and analytical skills to track and predict trends.
- Must be able to work creatively within a budget and use innovation to find ways of more effectively managing resources.
- Strong business knowledge, understanding of a variety of business practices, and familiarity with the company's industry.
- Must be able to collaborate with executives, creative teams, research and development, and project management teams.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to persuasively sell ideas.
- Must be willing to take calculated risks and manage expectations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Portfolio and a Letter of Motivation on or before 20th September, 2020, using the position applied for as the job title.
Skills Outside School Foundation
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe