Program Officer at The Murtala Muhammed Foundation (MMF) - Abuja (FCT) and Lagoswork Murtala Muhammed Foundation (MMF)placeAbuja (FCT) and LagosDate Posted: 2021-04-08
Murtala Muhammed Foundation (MMF), a not-for profit organization, is hiring Program Officers in Abuja (FCT) and Lagos.
- The responsibilities of the Program officer will cover all aspects of project operations/ management and logistical processes, as specified below, with responsibilities growing as his/her capacity develops.
Responsibilities and Functions
- Assist in developing and monitoring annual work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverables and results / outputs.
- Prepare, coordinate reviews, edit, and disseminate project-related reports and documents, including subcontract scopes of work, country strategies, progress updates, curricula, and other documents and reports.
- Participate in new business development bids including writing job descriptions, participating in strategic phone calls, providing guidance on proposal budgets and providing administrative support as necessary.
- Perform administrative tasks, including letter writing, database curation and maintaining and updating project folders and spreadsheets.
- Programme planning and implementation.
- Oversee and implement the foundation’s social media strategy – ensuring engaging material is posted frequently across all platforms.
- Overall responsibility supporting implementation of individual projects to help ensure timely delivery of high-quality project deliverables, in coordination with the Team Leader.
- Lead on project tracking, including on deliverable deadlines, invoicing schedules
- Undertake risk management of assigned projects, escalating to country manager when appropriate.
- Drafting and managing deadlines for fundraising proposals.
- Communicating and building strong relationships with potential donors, corporates and partners.
- Supporting the country manager with the development and implementation of systems for project management and other tasks as required.
- Conduct thorough research as required on development trends, funding prospects and other subjects as required
- Production of marketing materials when required
- Ensure correct and innovative Monitoring and Evaluation procedures are undertaken for all current projects
- Planning and coordinating project field trips with staff, including ensuring adequate and innovative materials are being collected.
- Facilitate travel arrangements for staff and consultants.
Key Result Areas:
- Ensure that the stipulated projects are carried out with successful results and according to set the time.
- Maintain a dynamic and engaging media presence of the organization.
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all times.
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation procedures are undertaken correctly and escalate potential risk of projects.
- Manage other team members, plan and coordinate field trips and maintain proper documentation of all projects record.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant fields.
- Minimum of 1 year working experience.
Behavioural and Technical Competencies:
- Take initiatives and communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects.
- Implement program’s vision and establish its direction.
- Promote and demonstrate ethical values.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are to send their updated Curriculum Vitae using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: If you do not hear from us after two weeks of submission, consider your application unsuccessful.
Murtala Muhammed Foundation (MMF)
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe