Production Assistant and Camera Operator at a Prestigious TV Station - HR Leverage Africawork HR Leverage AfricaplaceAbujaDate Posted: 2020-12-31
HR Leverage Africa, a prestigious TV station based in Abuja, is hiring a Production Assistant and Camera Operator
- Production Assistant and Camera Operator reporting to the Head of Production is charged with the responsibility of capturing and recording all aspects of a scene for television.
- The incumbent will use principles of lighting, staging, focusing and filtering to achieve a specific visual look for broadcast television or motion pictures. Camera operators usually also have a strong creative streak.
- Work with Head of production to determine all aspects of shots
- Provide practical and creative input to production planning
- Select, assemble and position equipment (cameras, stands, software etc.)
- Prepare cameras and test angles or camera movements
- Shoot scenes according to requirements
- Capture quality footage from a fixed or moving position
- Collaborate with make-up artists, lighting and sound staff to produce the best final effect
- Resolve technical or practical issues
- Edit footage as needed
- Practise the camera moves required for pre-arranged shots
- Find solutions to technical or other practical problems (for an outside broadcast, for example, the natural light conditions need to be taken into account when setting up shots)
- Be prepared to innovate and experiment with ideas
- Work quickly, especially as timing is such an important factor
- Take sole responsibility in situations where only one camera operator is involved in the filming
- Keep up to date with filming methods and equipment
- Repair and maintain equipment
- Demonstrate a good awareness of health and safety issues
- Any other duty as may be assigned by management.
- BSc or HND in Film Studies, Cinematography or related field.
- Proven work experience as a Camera Operator and Production assistant
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications, 7th January, 2021, using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
HR Leverage Africa
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe