Presales Engineer at Descasio Limitedwork Descasio LimitedplaceLagosDate Posted: 2021-06-01
Descasio is one of Africa’s fastest growing leading technology solutions providers, armed with a team of highly skilled and certified technology professionals. We are hiring a Presales Engineer in Lagos.
- The Presales Engineer will work collaboratively with a specialized group of highly skilled individuals to understand clients’ technical and business needs and to demonstrate how those can be achieved through the capabilities of relevant Platforms. Responsible for the technical dimension of the sales cycle and successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise, communication and coordination skills between clients and internal Descasio teams to achieve your mission.
- Determine the technical requirements to meet client goals and act as liaison between the various groups in the organization.
- Collaborate with the sales and services teams by acting as technical experts in customer presentations
- Providing presales technical assistance and product education
- Manage and interpret customer requirements; also persuade clients on the product or service that will best satisfy their needs
- Interface with client architects and cloud service providers to ensure that the defined solution is signedoff by all the stakeholders.
- Make technical presentations and demonstrate how a product will meet client needs
- Maintain Company IT standards, Architecture principles and Strategy, roadmap and use cases.
- Travelling to visit potential clients where necessary
- Analyzing costs and sales; calculating client quotations
- Negotiating tender and contract terms
- Offering aftersales support services
- Helping in the design of custommade products
- Providing training and producing support material for the sales team
- Meeting regular sales targets
- Recording and maintaining client contact data
- Assist sales team with coordinating sales projects
- Supporting marketing by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Previous work experience as a Presales Engineer or similar role specifically
- In depth understanding of Microsoft Azure & AWS, IaaS, specifically:
- App Services, Azure SQL Database, SQL Server IaaS implementation, Availability sets, Azure Networking concepts, Express Route, DNS, Load Balancing, Storage, security
- Network security competency (desired)
- An understanding of the challenges and considerations to be catered for while migrating applications from onpremise to Azure.
- Ability to define solution architecture which meet availability, disaster recovery and availability requirements as specified by customer
- Ability to deploy solutions
- Knowledge of migrating applications to Cloud using Tools like AppZero, ASR etc will be nice to have.
- Fundamental knowledge of AWS is also required and understanding on how Azure IaaS v/s AWS IaaS compares to each other and conceptual knowledge of AWS RDS is desired.
- Fundamental knowledge of GCP (Google Cloud Platform) is also required and understanding on how GCP IaaS v/s AWS and Azure IaaS compares to each other.
- Soft Skills such as writing Proposals and Presenting up to CLevels is a must
- Preferably from Developer background (.net, Java)
- Microsoft Azure certifications desirable
- Extensive client facing skills and the ability to work independently
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe