Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at New Incentive - Bauchiwork New IncentiveplaceBauchiDate Posted: 2022-04-05
New Incentive is a pioneer in a growing movement of giving small incentives to caregivers whose infants get immunized while increasing awareness of the health benefits of childhood vaccinations. We are recruiting to fill the position of a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in Bauchi, Nigeria.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be assisting the operations unit in data review & management and managing enumerators on the field.
- The ideal candidate should be someone with at least 2 years experience in monitoring and evaluation, data analysis, field visits.
- The candidate should be residing in Katsina, Zamfara or Jigawa. Excellent communication skills, a learning mindset, and ability to adapt to a dynamic changing environment.
Organizational and Project Summary
- All Babies Are Equal Initiative (the Nigerian arm of US organization, New Incentives) was incorporated as a Nigerian non-governmental organization (NGO) and its work is focused on demand creation for routine immunization in Nigeria through conditional cash transfer.
- The organization’s goal is to save lives cost effectively by increasing immunization coverage in the North West Nigerian States of operation: Katsina, Zamfara and Jigawa States.
- The conditional cash transfer for routine vaccination intervention includes supply side review, awareness creation on immunization and its importance, and cash transfer of N500 for the first four mandatory immunization visits and N2,000 for the last immunization visit to the caregiver of eligible infants.
- Additionally, we engage in community mobilization and collaborate with governmental and other non-governmental organizations. We have over 170 staff with over 80% residing in North West Nigeria
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collate, Review and manage data from the field
- Work with the enumerators on the field and ensure good data quality.
- Maintain and improve rapid assessments through monitoring of internal data to highlight areas requiring strengthening and/or recommendations.
- Review sources of internal data (e.g. forms filled out by our Field Operations team), establish and execute internal data verification procedures, run quality checks, develop data verification training, streamline survey questions, and identify opportunities to improve ongoing surveys to achieve streamlined program operations.
- Analyze infant enrollments in the program (i.e. expected vs actual enrollments, catch-up, out-of-catchment) and assess this against LGA-level population estimates.
- Supporting and contributing to data-driven decision-making
- Communication, research dissemination, and strengthening partnerships
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- B.Sc or BA in Statistics or any relevant equivalent from the recognized institutions.
- 2 - 5 years in Monitoring and Evaluation or Data Management..
- 1 - 2 years prior experience working for a non-profit, charitable organization, NGO or (I)NGO is a plus.
Skills and Competencies Requirements:
- Preferably a candidate already based in Bauchi State or must be willing to relocate to either of the states mentioned.
- Detail-oriented and diligent professional.
- Good organizational skills, effective time management, ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize tasks.
- Sound cultural awareness and ability to work multicultural and multiethnic environment.
- Proven managerial and / or leadership skills.
- Ability to deliver high quality work in short periods of time and to work under pressure.
- Critical thinker and possess problem solving attitude.
- Passion to help others and reduce infant mortality.
- Very good communication and writing skills, English, Hausa and dialects (verbal and written).
- Excellent responsiveness to email and phone requests.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, internet browsers, smartphones and ICT in general. The candidate should be willing to use Google Doc, Google Sheet and Google Slides.
- Motivation to work in a young organization that is constantly changing based on stakeholder feedback and operates with a lean structure.
- Proficiency in English Language (conversation, reading and writing) is required.
- Knowledge of Hausa Language (conversation and reading) is required.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe