Logistics Technical Assistant (Fleet & Warehouse) at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)work The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)placeYola, AdamawaDate Posted: 2020-07-15
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization, is hiring a Logistics Technical Assistant (Fleet & Warehouse) in Yola, Adamawa.
Webcruiter ID: 4264770954
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that vehicles are used and maintained according to Logistics Handbook and other NRC policies
- Ensure all drivers adhere to NRC logistics and drivers procedures
- Compile and submit monthly fleet and stock reports
- Ensure the NRC fleet is utilized and optimized accordingly.
- Prepare requisitions for spare parts for vehicles
- Coordinate and facilitate timely reporting of eventualities like accidents and breakdowns
- Secure that NRC vehicles are equipped with necessary documents and equipment
- Ensure all drivers fill movement logbooks and that logbook is signed by the passengers.
- Responsible for the receipt, storage, and dispatch of all stock at the Yola Office ensuring that proper documentation is maintained for same.
- Ensure that assets are tagged before being dispatched to the field.
- To also ensure asset movement is tracked in the Asset Register
- Ensure that all vehicle records and reports including logbooks, accident report, etc are filled appropriately.
- Keep a log of the generators and ensure that fuel consumption is monitored and recorded appropriately
- Conduct warehousing processes with a focus on country and NRC regulations
- Receive materials and supplies, store them in assigned locations and distribute according to NRC procedure
- Maintain records of all incoming and outgoing materials
- Supervise packing, loading, and unloading of all material
- University Degree in a related field
- Knowledge of the local market
- Knowledge of local language (Hausa)
- Previous (1yr) experience working in a Logistics department (preferably NGO)
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications)
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
We Can Offer
- Commencement: August 2020
- Duration: 5 months (One-year renewal)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions. Grade level 4, Step 1
- Duty station: Yola, with occasional travels. Travel outside Yola is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply on or before 29th July, 2020.
Application procedures and CV registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
- Nigeria nationals only.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe