Logistics Officer at The Norwegian Refugee Councilwork The Norwegian Refugee CouncilplaceYola, AdamawaDate Posted: 2020-09-03
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), a non-governmental, humanitarian organization, is recruiting to fill the position of a Logistics Officer in Yola, Adamawa
Webcruiter ID: 4279330779
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015 in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Yola Area Office, Field Offices in Borno and Adamawa States and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Livelihoods & Food Security (LFS); Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education and Camp Management Camp Coordination (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- NRC is looking for a Logistics Officer for our Yola-South Area office in North East Nigeria. The purpose of the Logistics Officer position is liaison with support and program teams to ensure adequate logistical coordination and planning of program implementation.
- Provide support and guidance to program teams on logistical elements of distribution & procurement planning through an effective, transparent and accountable processes for Yola South Area office according to Plan of Action.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Transport & Fleet
- Asset & Facility Management
- Warehousing and Stock Management
- Procurement and Supply
- Support communication and security
- Experience from working as a Logistics Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English and Hausa
Context-Specific Knowledge and Experience:
- Office organization skills,
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Good communication skills
- High degree of accuracy
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
We Can Offer
- Commencement: 2nd October, 2020
- Duration: 3 months (renewable)
- Grade Level: Grade 7
- Duty station: Yola - covering Area South
- Travel: 75%
- An approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Salary / Benefits
- According to NRC’s general directions for Grade 5 Step 1.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply on or before 7th September, 2020.
Application Procedures and CV Registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
The Norwegian Refugee Council
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe