Legal Associate at Prospawork ProspaplaceLagosDate Posted: 2022-03-16
Prospa is a bank for Nigerian entrepreneurs. We are recruiting to fill the position of a Legal Associate in Lagos.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all applicable statutory or regulatory requirements
- Provide sound advice, on commercial compliance and legal issues to the business as well as manage & liaise with external legal counsel
- Assist with the development, revision, and/or implementation of a contract management system, compliance policies, and best practice procedures
- Drive awareness with regulatory and statutory directives and requirements
- Liaise and engage regulatory bodies/authorities
- Keep abreast of, monitor and analyse regulatory trends and changes in regulatory directives, rules and regulations
- Prepares and assists with legal and corporate filings and reports
- Work on business registration and incorporation.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree / Bachelor of Laws from a reputable university & member of the Nigeria Bar Association with preferred or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working as a legal associate or legal assistant in a corporate establishment or in a law firm
- Experience working with agreements, including drafting and preparing simple amendments to standard templates
- Ability to work with a wide range of contract types including service agreements, amendments, addendums, schedules and statements of work
- Experience supporting a legal team in a fast-paced and high volume environment
- Understand & implement various CBN reporting requirements (CBN-CRMS), and closely work with Finance and engineering to manage reporting and compliance obligations.
- Experience with legal software solutions (e.g., contract lifecycle management, workflow automation, etc.).
- Previous tech industry or handling assignments or projects within fintech is a huge plus.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Possess critically advanced and legal reasoning skills
- Decision making
- Ability to project and manage to a high standard
- Organisational and collaborative skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent drafting skills
- Excellent negotiation skills.
N200,000 - N250,000 monthly.
- Medical Cover
- Paid time off (leave days)
- Career development opportunities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe