Legal and Compliance Associate at Soupah Fresh Limited - Ibadanwork Soupah Fresh LimitedplaceIbadanDate Posted: 2020-09-24
Soupah Fresh Limited is an innovative corporation on the agricultural value chain that engages in rooftop farms, fortified food processing and farm linkages for rural small holder farmers into urban markets.
We are seeking to hire an apt and dynamic candidate who will function as the Legal and Compliance Associate and will amongst other things be responsible for the reviewing of all relevant statutory laws and regulations applicable to the Company and ensure compliance.
The Legal Associate shall be responsible for monitoring and/or advising on all legal matters, commercial contracts, and agreements. S/He shall ensure the company complies with the statutory and corporate governance practices and guidelines as observed in our industry.
- Preparation of compliance documentation with relevant constitutive documents for statutory, legal, regulatory purposes.
- Draft and/or review legal letters, contracts and agreements and monitor legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance, as requested. • Advise on statutory compliances.
- Developing and overseeing that the company meets its compliance obligations under relevant laws and the requirements of regulatory authorities.
- Negotiation, drafting and implementation of the terms of agreements in all business contracts and agreements.
- Responsible for providing legal support in controlling customer complaints to mitigate the risk of litigation
- Review all documentation that has legal implications for the company prior to signing and implementing.
- Liaise with third parties, together with the company’s management, that wish to understand the company’s control environment, compliance policies and procedures.
- Provide reporting with respect to regulatory requirements and developments
- Submit quarterly work reports to Management and the Board of Directors.
- Assist in the formulation, implementation and/or amendment of Company policies.
- Provide sound legal advice to the Company and make recommendations to Management as necessary.
- Attend special committee meetings and offer advice as required.
- Any other duties as required
- A graduate degree in law with experience in handling legal matters in Attorney-at-Law or in a corporate environment.
- Technical understanding of company or business operations and attention to details.
- Excellent written &verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of corporate and commercial law (conversant with NAICOM, SEC, NSE, CAC, NFIU, IFRS, and other regulatory Directives and Guidelines)
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to cope with high levels of responsibility and with confidential matters.
- A high level of professionalism which is required on the job at all times.
- Computer Literacy.
- Excellent team working ability to ensure smooth operation in the Legal Unit as a whole.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should their CV
Soupah Fresh Limited
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe