Laboratory Technician at AB InBevwork AB InBevplacePort harcourt,Rivers.Date Posted: 2022-04-12
- AB InBev is the world's leading brewer. We produce over 500 beers, including world-famous brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona. Local Africa brands such as Carling Black Label, Hero, Kilimanjaro, 2M, Eagle and we want like-minded, hard-working and passionate people to join our teams in Africa.
- Manage interactions with external suppliers (cleaning contractors) and internal stakeholders (Brewing, Packaging, Engineering, etc.) in relation to implementing and optimizing hygiene standards and work practices to prevent microbiological contamination within the brewery.
- Apply problem solving and decision-making techniques and practices and facilitate team problem solving. E.g. Lead the Hygiene Steering Committee comprising of team leaders and department heads to assess and analyses hygiene practices and identify alternatives for resolution.
- Apply a holistic understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) practices critical to Brewing and Packaging processes to prevent microbiological infections.
- Apply appropriate reporting to ensure brewery personnel (including operators and heads of department) are aware of microbiological performance in the brewery.
- Revise and develop best operating practice standards and procedures to improve microbiological compliance within brewery.
- Liaise with functions such as safety to assess possible alignment of operating practices that are both safe and hygienic.
- Conduct audits and surveys to identify opportunities for improvement in work practices and support gap closure.
- Conduct training and assessments in the workplace to improve overall compliance to microbiological standards and work practices.
- Audit microbiological laboratory to ensure compliance to hub and global microbiological methodology and frequencies.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in technology through the implementation and tracking of QA campus projects that could result in improvement of microbiological compliance.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to optimize microbiological work practices through problem solving
- Best Operating Practice (BOP), SPP (Supplier Partnering Program) interaction involves managing a formalized system with which to engage with supplier to enhance hygiene performance in brewery
- Governance for Hygiene will also be a key responsibility for this individual Supplier Partnering Program (SPP).
- Adherence to PPE policy
- Unsafe conditions and work practices are identified and actioned
- Chemicals and reagents are handled as per manualized procedure
- Hazardous substances are stored, handled and disposed of as per procedures
- Adherence to documented lab safety rules, guides and practices
- Incidents are reported and actioned as per procedure.
- Housekeeping schedules are adhered to.
- Sampling is carried out as per manualized methods
- Samples are identified, verified and handled to retain integrity as per manual
- Samples are prepared and dispatched, if necessary, as per manualized method.
- Relevant apparatus, equipment and reagents are prepared as per manualized method
- Analysis is performed using fundamental laboratory techniques and practices.
- Accurate results generated at specified times.
- Results are recorded and reported as per standard manuals
- Non-conformance identified
- Out of control procedure adhered to.
- Equipment is maintained and calibrated according to manualized methods.
- Equipment calibration frequencies are adhered to
- Calibration records available and updated.
- Minimum of B.Sc / HND in Microbiology, Laboratory Technology or other related courses.
- 2-3 Years in Laboratory, Brewing or Packaging operation.
- Good knowledge of micro laboratory systems, processes and analyses
- Experience in the application of problem-solving techniques and statistics.
- Good understanding of HACCP, GMP standards and CIP requirements
- PC literacy
- Knowledge of AB InBev manufacturing processes and philosophies
- Proven knowledge and experience in integrating a multidisciplinary group of skills, specialists, and functions
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good auditing skills
- Information systems knowledge.
- Analytical ability.
- Communication skills (verbal and written).
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work in teams.
- Application Closing Date
- 14th April, 2022.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe