Inventory Officer at TruckNGwork TruckNGplaceLagosDate Posted: 2022-04-05
TruckNG is simplifying the landscape of trucking and transportation of goods through a digital logistics platform. We are recruiting to fill the position of an Inventory Officer in Lagos.
- The inventory officer is responsible for preparing the purchase orders, receiving, storing, issuing the goods, managing the stock levels and giving out the supplies from the stock.
- He/she is also involved in preparing the inventories, maintaining the stock records, using computerized systems for entering the records and is accountable for checking the supply invoices with the purchase orders.
- He/she is responsible for preparing the reports on adjustments done to inventories that may be damaged, spoilt, etc., and coordinates the purchasing, inventory and warehousing functions.
- He/she finds out sources of supply and is responsible for obtaining quotes from the suppliers as well.
- He/she makes sure to get rid of the surplus or obsolete stock.
- To maintain a record of receipts as well as issuance of items that are going out of the warehouse so as to ensure accuracy and completeness
- To be involved in reconciliation of physical stock with the stock in the system
- To oversee that the arrangement of goods has been done in an orderly system within the stock location system so that the stock can be stored easily and retrieved whenever there is a requirement. Similarly, he/she ensures that the stocks stay physically protected in the warehouse
- To undertake the function of stock taking and confirm the periodic stock on a regular basis by working closely with the designated staff members
- To supervise the offloading process, the subsequent arrangement of merchandise, material, etc., and consignment so that it can be accessed and identified easily
- To ensure the correct and timely valuation of the inventory and to be involved in directing and managing procedures related to offloading, packing and unpacking
- In addition to the above duties, the inventory officer is responsible for keeping a close eye on the movement of stock from in and out of the warehouse.
- He/she is involved in preparing the weekly reports of all the activities in the warehouse like the consignment received, the quantity of items received, point of collection and dispatch, stacking number, outstanding balance, etc. He/she provides the best service needs to the existing as well as the new customers and ensures that each and every customer remains satisfied.
- He/she oversees the cycle counting programs for the distribution centers as well as the stores. He/she develops, maintains, and adopts the best operational procedures and practices for inventory control. He/she tries to find out discrepancies and determines the root cause for the issue found.
- Thus, he/she is involved in performing all the procedures and activities concerned with the management of the inventory and generally works under the supervision of a senior personnel and may perform other related duties as well.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Interested candidates should possess relevant qualifications
- At least 2 years previous work experience
- The individual interested in becoming an inventory officer should be able to demonstrate a collaborative work style, strong leadership skills and should have the ability to take proper decisions and action whenever any difficult situation arises.
- He/she should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good analytical and organizational skills with experience in project management would definitely prove to be an advantage.
- He/she should have a desire to learn every detail related to the inventory business and should have the passion to reach out for promotional opportunities.
- He/she should be able to enjoy clerical and administrative work with good planning and numeric skills.
- He/she should have a methodical approach to complete the assigned work and should pay strong attention to detail.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV on or before 12th April, 2022, using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe