Internal Controls Analyst at Cumminswork CumminsplaceLagosDate Posted: 2019-10-21
Cummins is an American Fortune 500 corporation that designs, manufactures, and distributes engines, filtration, and power generation products.
Cummins is recruiting to fill the vacant position of an Internal Controls Analyst in Lagos, Nigeria.
Req ID: 190004QL
- Responsible for assisting in reviews of business processes and internal controls for a business segment, region, distributor or plant.
- Assists in execution of annual control plan.
- Reviews and tests financial and operational internal controls to evaluate the effectiveness of the internal control environment.
- Understands business processes to identify risks and opportunities for improvement in safeguarding company assets and business operations.
- Prepares and reviews internal control documentation (i.e. process maps, flowcharts, control matrices) to ensure documentation is current and in accordance with company requirements.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives to enhance accounting and internal control systems.
Qualifications and Competencies
- US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles - Evaluates US accounting standards to record transactions in compliance with requirements and company policies; assesses the accounting requirements and objectives to determine the implications on the business and communicate to stakeholders with varying financial knowledge.
- Business Process and Internal Control Risk Analysis - Evaluates business processes to identify risks and internal control gaps; applies understanding of business processes and relevant risks to develop and implement process improvements; develops risk management plans by applying internal control framework to address identified risks.
- Financial Internal Controls - Leverages internal control framework by assessing internal controls and developing remediation plans to mitigate financial reporting risks and respond to changing business needs.
- Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages conflict - Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Nimble learning - Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Instills trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Accounting required. Progress toward Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor or equivalent certification preferred.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe