Internal Control Officer at Mutual Benefits Microfinance Bank Limitedwork Mutual Benefits Microfinance Bank LimitedplaceLagosDate Posted: 2020-07-06
Mutual Benefits Microfinance Bank Limited is a leading Microfinance bank with its corporate head office at 10 Apapa Road, Oyingbo, Ebute-metta. We are recruiting highly experienced professional to fill the position of an Internal Control Officer in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Daily cash count of all till transaction.
- Daily call over of all till transaction.
- Checking and Examination of marketers register on a daily basis to ensure tellers are used serially.
- Conduct spot checks, stock taking and other functions as may be assigned from time to time.
- Ensure that branch staff complies with internal code of conducts, policy and regulations on transactions initiated by the bank.
- Conduct special investigation as may be directed by the risk and compliance manager.
- Review of account opening and documentation on client files on a periodic basis.
- Review of general ledger
- Institute and enforce aggressive cost reduction strategies to ensure zero % income wastage.
- Reconciliation of account when there are discrepancies between passbook and system balances.
- Calculation of interest on kolo account upon maturity.
- Serial arrangement of deposit booklet before it can be issued out to marketers.
- Visitation and Verification of loan customers and guarantors and writing of detailed report.
- Review of Bank reconciliation.
- A good Bachelor's Degree/HND in Accountancy, plus relevant professional qualification such as ICAN, CIBN, etc. will be added advantage.
- 1 - 2 years relevant experience in a reputable firm preferably in a microfinance bank and in same job role.
- Experience in internal control is essential.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft office programmes
- Knowledge of relevant accounting packages
- Knowledge of best practices in internal control and audit
- Knowledge of existing regulatory framework
- Excellent reporting skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Flair for details.
- Analytical thinking
- Account reconciliation skills
- A good numerical skill
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply
Mutual Benefits Microfinance Bank Limited
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe