Impact Database Assistant at ACTEDwork ACTEDplaceBornoDate Posted: 2020-09-16
ACTED is an international NGO committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and promote inclusive and sustainable growth. We are hiring an Impact Database Assistant in Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract (6 Months with possibility of extension)
About the job
IMPACT has been present in Nigeria since 2017, providing a growing evidence base for humanitarian response planning through sectoral, multi-sectoral and area-based assessments as well as information management services. In 2019, IMPACT is looking to continue to provide the humanitarian community with relevant and reliable information to strengthen strategic programming and needs-based targeting in Northeast Nigeria. As an initiative deployed in many vulnerable and crisis-affected countries, IMPACT is deeply concerned by the devastating impact the COVID-19 pandemic may have on the millions of affected people we seek to serve. IMPACT is currently scaling up its programming in response to this pandemic, with the goal of identifying practical ways to inform humanitarian responses in the 20+ countries where we operate, including Nigeria.
- Under the direct line management of the IMPACT Data Analysis Officer, the IMPACT Database Assistant is responsible for
Data Collection Management:
- The IMPACT Database Assistant will support the maintenance of database(s) for the consolidation of all IMAPACT TPM and GIS data in country.
- The IMPACT Database Assistant will be responsible for reviewing and testing data collection tools before deployment
- Regularly update the IMPACT Data Cleaning/Checking SOP and partner list.
Data Cleaning and Analysis Support:
- The IMPACT Database Assistant will support the development of automated data cleaning and analysis tools, assist in quality assurance review on all new data sets, and support both regular and ad hoc analysis of data.
- Routine communication of all field activities, data collection progress and other key findings to the IMPACT Data Analysis Officer in timely and effective manner
- Responsible for directly supervising the field data cleaning process and ensure filed officer responsible adhere to the IMPACT Data Cleaning/Checking SOPs.
Confidentiality and Data Protection:
- The IMPACT Database Assistant will maintain the strictest confidentiality of data and processes. He/she will actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of information and data
- The IMPACT Database Assistant will have custodial responsibility for all IMPACT assets (computers, GPS devices, smart phones, etc) at their operational base, and will need to work with the IMPACT team and ACTED Logistics to ensure serviceability of assets and availability of consumables (printer ink, paper, pens, etc)
- The Database Assistant may be called upon to work on other IMPACT programmes in various locations in Nigeria including, but not limited to, remote LGA capitals, as the security situation allows.
- Minimum of 1 year working in humanitarian responses
- Bachelor's degree with a strong focus on both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies preferred
- Experience in data cleaning and management.
- Previous experience in Third Party Monitoring (TPM), an asset.
- Strong skills with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong technical writing skills
- Experience collecting information using hand-held GPS devices
- Experience using ODK for quantitative data collection and coding of ODK questionnaire
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability and willingness to work and live in challenging conditions
- Contract length: 6 Months with possibility of extension
- Start date: As soon as possible - Desirable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply on or before 21st September, 2020.
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager,
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- For general information about ACTED, please consult: www.acted.org
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe