Human Resources and Admin Officer at Save the Childrenwork Save the ChildrenplaceYobeDate Posted: 2019-04-18
Save the Children, an international non-governmental organisation that promotes children's rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries, is hiring a Human Resources and Admin Officer in Yobe
- To provide administrative support and assistance for the development and management of Human Resources functions, for the development and maintenance of policies & procedures, for or the security of staff and for the promotion of the Child Safe Guarding Policy
- Reports to: Field Manager
- Staff directly reporting to this post: Admin Assistant, Office Assistant
- Budget responsibility: None
People Management & Leadership:
- Manages the Admin Assistant and Office Assistant and ensures tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Provides capacity building opportunities to two direct reports
- Ensures all administrative and management tasks (i.e. timesheets) are submitted and signed in a timely manner
- Assist the Human Resource Coordinator in the development of annual needs for development / training through volunteers monthly performance review process.
- Participation in the organisation of trainings and maintaining a list of trainings conducted.
- Support the Human Resource Coordinator in researching training opportunities as prioritised by the Senior Management Team or as requested by supervisors.
- Assist HR in collecting timesheets for project and support staff and maintaining a log.
- Maintain leave-tracking and performance review schedule.
- Maintain Personnel files for all staff as well as the staff database.
- Maintain Database for consultants
- Prepare contracts and offer letters
- Provide admin support to supervisors to arrange training opportunities for staff.
- Ensure that all changes to SC payroll is prepared/updated punctually and that these changes are checked and signed off by HRM before being presented to the Country Director.
- Maintain records of all incident reports.
- Provide relevant information necessary for the management of the combined accident and workmen compensation and group life insurance cover for staff.
- Registration of staff with Health Management Organisations (HMO)
- Oversee general maintenance of the office space and guest house, under the supervision of the Field Manager
- Ensure that the office is cleaned and maintained on a daily basis
- Ensure that there are stocks of needed office stationary and consumables on site
- Ensure that the guest house is well maintained and cleaned on a daily basis
- Ensure that the guesthouse has proper supplies and needed consumables for residents
- Other - Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
- Internal: Field Manager, Supply Chain Coordinator, Safety & Security Coordinator, Program Manager
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Level of Education – Degree
- Specified Study Area – Administration / Social Sector /Finance
- General Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English - Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise Required – Excellent
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 2,
- Staff & Performance Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply on or before 25th April, 2019.
Save the Children
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information