Graphic Designer at Klashawork KlashaplaceLagos, NigeriaDate Posted: 2021-11-30
Klasha makes it easy for African consumers to shop online. We build technology that allows African consumers to easily access the goods they want on the continent. We enable payments online in local African currencies and can handle the last-mile logistics for our retail partners too. Statistically, Africa is the future, so we believe consumers on the continent should have the same frictionless access to the global e-commerce economy as consumers in the West.
Klasha was founded in Lagos, Nigeria in 2018 and is backed by Techstars, Ginco Investments and a group of notable angel investors. Klasha is run by 20-somethings from five nationalities that speak six different languages between them. Klasha has offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and Lagos, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
About the Job
- Klasha is a financial technology company on a mission to build cross-border payment solutions for African consumers. It was founded to make consumer goods online more accessible to customers across Africa.
- At Klasha, we believe that consumers in Africa should have the same frictionless access to the goods they want regardless of their geographic location.
- The Klasha checkout allows international retailers to sell seamlessly into the African continent and accept payments online in local African currencies. We accept African money methods including: card payments, USSD, bank transfer, mobile money and M-Pesa.
- We also offer end-to-end logistics for our retailers, tackling the complex maze of last-mile logistics on the continent so they don't have to.
- You will work closely with the marketing team, video producers and other key stakeholders to brainstorm and create high-quality video content that reflects branding priorities.
- You must have motion graphic design experience and will be producing both static and animated content.
- You will translate Klasha’s requirements into stunning and engaging designs and also bring your creativity and fresh ideas to our online marketing efforts by creating impressive visuals that are attention-getting and on-brand.
- You will design graphics for use in media products such as magazines, labels, advertising and signage.
What You will be doing
- Plan concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
- Illustrate concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval.
- Prepare finished art by operating necessary equipment and software.
- Coordinate with outside agencies, art services, web designers, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Communicate with clients about layout and design.
- Create a wide range of graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites with software such as photoshop.
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements when necessary.
What it takes to succeed in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or related fields.
- Experience as a graphic designer or in a related field.
- Prior experience with and a strong portfolio of motion graphics work
- Expert-level knowledge of Adobe Suite and common motion graphics design software
- A never-ending desire to learn new techniques and technology to advance your craft.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb visual and conceptual skills to solve problems and create novel solutions
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop, InDesign Quark, and Illustrator.
- A strong eye for visual composition.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design.
- Team members are required to come into the office at least thrice a week.
- All the latest technology you need to do your role including a laptop and accessories
- Competitive salary
- Fast and expanding career progression
- Private health insurance
- Professional development training budget
- Free lunch in the office
- Budget for French language classes
- One-time home office set-up allowance
- Hybrid; remote + office hours and flexible working conditions
- Access to Klasha Sessions development training courses
- Diesel and fuel allowance for remote working
- Work-from-anywhere weeks: Work from anywhere for three weeks in a year
- Paid birthday day off
- Team building events
- Bank holidays swap
- Access to mental health wellness services
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click the link to apply.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe