Finance Technical Assistant at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)work The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)placeBornoDate Posted: 2020-06-19
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), a non-governmental, humanitarian organization, is recruiting to fill the position of a Finance Technical Assistant in Dikwa, Borno
Webcruiter ID: 4255034311
- NRC is looking for a Finance Technical Assistant for our field office in Dikwa, Borno State, Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Finance Technical Assistant is to support program activities in Dikwa.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja.
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that cash is kept properly, payment process and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor and the authorities requirements
- Make sure that daily cash counts are maintained.
- Make sure the posting of transactions is done on a daily basis.
- Make sure payments are processed on time
- Be responsible for bank transactions in line with NRC policy and procedures;
- Posting of income and cost into bank cash boxes i.e. USD and NGN daily basis.
- Be the focal person between Area Office and Field office in regard to funds transfer requests and other payments through the bank.
- Ensure timely clearance of field office cash box.
- Be responsible for the release of payment to contractors & other payments as stipulated in the contract/agreement(s) & in line with NRC policies and procedures.
- Ensure control for the prevention of waste, fraud, and mismanagement before processing the payments.
- Preferably a degree in Finance, Economics or any other related Course
- Ability to work as a member of the team
- Previous (2yrs) experience working in a finance and support functions department (preferably INGO)
- Microsoft Office Application
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of Local Language (Hausa, Kanuri)
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
We Can Offer
- Commencement: July 2020
- Duration: 7 months (renewable)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Dikwa, with frequent travels. Travel outside Dikwa is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply on or before 2nd July, 2020.
Application procedures and CV registration:
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe