Editor and Content Artist / Creator / Writer at Myschool Limitedwork Myschool LimitedplaceLagosDate Posted: 2020-07-27
Myschool Limited - We are currently seeking a suitably qualified individual to fill the position of an Editor and Content Artist / Creator / Writer in Lagos.
- This role will involve helping to develop educational contents and write-ups that can be published on the website
- The ideal candidate should be detail-oriented and possess demonstrable creative writing skills.
- We are seeking a competent online news editor who will be responsible for generating and editing the ‘news’ content of the website and has quality control oversight of all website content.
- Lead online news coverage, and manage the online team.
- Good understanding of various social media platforms, and create content tailored to each platform
- Enact the editorial policy and agenda agreed by the Director, in conjunction with the CEO.
- Take responsibility for the news areas of the website, ensuring consistent high quality, good ‘inclusive’ writing, plenty of visuals and timely uploads.
- Take a quality control oversight of other website content to ensure clear and logical writing, sensible links to connected areas, and striking relevant images.
- Hold regular meetings with Online Journalists and assign them to research and cover news stories, features, specialist interviews and other original content.
- Take a significant part of the research and writing, while taking responsibility for, and checking and subbing, the work of Online Journalists.
- Originate new ideas, and propose ways to pull together or link stories thematically and geographically, and to add in depth coverage on issues.
- Maintain close working relationships with staff from Projects, Creative Resources and Broadcast to keep abreast of the latest fixes and developments.
- Ensure compliance with normal legal frameworks, including special requirements and permissions for the young, vulnerable, or those involved in court proceedings, applying the laws of copyright and defamation, and referring to Director if in doubt.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
Skills and Requirements
- Must reside within Lekki-Ajah axis.
- HND / B.Sc / B.Ed
- B.Sc in Mass Communication, Journalism or any related field will be an added advantage.
- Must have completed NYSC
- Must have Basic Computer Knowledge
- Should be able to comprehend a composition and create a unique content from the text
- Ability to type quickly while composing contents.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English Language.
- Highly literate in IT and the web, skilled at visual layout, and handling photographs.
- Tech Savvy
- Excellent communication skills
- Management and Leadership skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV on or before 9th August, 2020, using "Editor & Content Artist / Creator / Writer" as the subject of the e-mail.
Note: Your CV must include links to all your social media handles including facebook and twitter.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe