Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Associate (Remote) at The Wikimedia Foundationwork The Wikimedia FoundationplaceRemoteDate Posted: 2021-08-04
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. We are recruiting to fill the position of a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Associate (Remote)
- The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit that hosts Wikipedia and our other free knowledge projects. More than 450 staff and contractors support Wikimedia projects, communities, donors, and readers.
- We are looking for someone to join our growing Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) team. This role will report to the Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion manager and is fully remote.
- The candidate will help us drive diversity, equity and inclusion interventions across our global organization to enable the Wikimedia Foundation to be a more innovative, effective and proactive non-profit employer, equipped to deliver end-to-end employee-centric solutions to our people.
- This person will work closely with key stakeholders across the organization to implement policy and process changes that maximise equity, inclusion, and justice.
- They will be responsible for developing initiatives and collaborating with the DEI team to drive accountability internally.
- Additionally they will be responsible for delivering training programmes that promote an inclusive culture and drive cultural change.
Below is a summary of key areas they will focus on:
Employee Resource Groups:
- Build effective partnerships with the Employee Resource Groups, ensuring impactful activity, supporting them in their annual plans ensuring alignment to the Global DEI strategy.
- Support and collaborate with employee-led cultural groups and communities.
- Be responsible for managing and supporting ERG leadership with stipends and budgets.
- Keep the ERG Framework up to date and make improvements/updates collaboratively.
Planning & Communications:
- Support organisation-wide diversity initiatives, such as coordination of diversity celebration events as well as internal communications and engagement.
- Be responsible for creating and distributing the monthly diversity bulletin that pulls together key information on DEI activities and initiatives.
Research & Awareness Raising:
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and market best practice in Global Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Raise awareness about diversity and inclusion activities happening across the organization by publicizing events, ensuring the Global DEI team incorporates feedback provided by stakeholders, and providing updates to partners across the organization
Data & Metrics:
- Analyse and report on key diversity metrics to track progress against the DEI targets and commitments.
- Support the DEI team in new initiatives as they are created and work collaboratively with the VP of Global DEI to support team-building activities that enable effective working (e.g. team events; team learning activities etc.) for effective working.
- Bachelor's Degree (4 Year Degree) + 1-2 years of experience or Equivalent
- At least two years of experience supporting DEI projects and initiatives (either full time or part time).
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with others inside and outside the Global DEI Team.
- Work proactively, and independently, flagging opportunities and risks.
- Genuine passion, commitment, and knowledge of the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Understanding of anti-racist, feminist, and/or disibility justice movements
- A good grasp of Excel or another data analysis tool
- Ability to work collaboratively through a global distributed organisation
- Cultural awareness regarding diversity, equity and inclusion with non-US markets
- Experience/Trainings (example: community organizing or steady volunteerism)
Would be great but not necessary….
- Speak a second language
- Have a basic knowledge of Wikimedia projects
- Have a basic experience working with open source communities
- Are collaborative and enjoy environments that aren’t hierarchal
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply
The Wikimedia Foundation
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe