Data Manager / Analyst, Safari Research Studies at The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)work The Alliance for International Medical ActionplaceOwo, OndoDate Posted: 2021-11-01
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Main Purpose in the Organisation
- Responsible for coordinating and monitoring all data related activities including: collection, compilation, verification, encoding, data entry, analysis, reporting under the Project Coordinator / FCo Research.
- Also responsible for the supervision, training and support to field data collectors (if any), as well as coordination of medical data reporting for internal and external use in collaboration with the PC / FCo Research.
Responsibility / Main Activities
- Collect the medical data of the projects (epidemiological data, statistics, project data), and elaborate regular reporting to the medical coordinator, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activities of the projects.
- More specifically, the Data manager and analyst will be under the supervision of the medical coordinator:
- Set up (if need be) all various databases for activities; medical, laboratory and research and update them as required.
- Ensure patient files are properly stored in an accessible manner.
- Monitor the quality of data collection: ensure the data collection tools are adequate; ensure the quality of the data contained in the compilation tools and ensure respect for the principles of confidentiality of patient data.
- Organize and train data collectors in the project; nurses, doctors etc…; Supervise the data collection processes & procedures and identify the difficulties faced by the team in terms of the use of tools and send them or notify them to the PC/FCo research; Provide support and on the job-training to data collectors; Organize training for data collectors on identified needs.
- Inform the PC and FCo Research of communicable diseases with epidemic potential: Hold a database or a history of alerts and emergencies according to the scenarios (Measles, Cholera, and Meningitis) and other situations (population movement or IDP, inflow of wounds). Also, in case of emergency intervention ensure that projects or databases / line list updated if necessary and uses it. Monitor, compile and analyze the database on a weekly basis;
- Data analysis: Conduct analysis on databases collected with PC and FCo Research of the project and give a short weekly/ monthly summary: and advise the projects on the situation in terms of the achievement of indicators, targets, alert situation for epidemiological diseases and errors identified in the project’s databases in terms of collection or encoding.
- Carry out data analysis of various orders according to the request by informing the PC/FCo of the needs expressed in advance.
- Reports: Compile monthly data from the different activities into a monthly data report and maintain a reporting system for real-time, weekly and monthly reports for all medical activities for the project, internal and external partners such as different donors, health sector, NCDC, UNICEF and WHO, etc. While ensuring that the requests are in agreement with the organization.
- Participate in meetings with the team.
- Troubleshoot problems that may arise with the databases.
- In the event of assessment, research, surveys he/she will have to contribute to the preparation of the plan and analysis of the data (recommendation of the software best adapted for high quality analysis).
- Perform all other tasks as requested by the project; PC / FCo research.
- Degree in Statistics or a Master's Degree in Epidemiology or Public Health with strong knowledge in epidemiology and statistics.
- Degree in Health Sciences (Medicine, Nursing) with strong knowledge in epidemiology and statistics.
- 2-year experience in data analysis & management
- Excellent command of verbal and written English is essential. Notion of the local language (Yoruba; Hausa (if possible) is an asset.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Perfect mastery of data processing and analysis software (DHSI2 / National Data Collection System, STATA, Epi Info, Epi Data, others)
- Ability to cope with transfers of data and complicated epidemiological reporting.
- Experience in designing and developing databases for collection of medical data.
- Strong ability to coordinate, priorities and organize workload, work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good judgment and a high level of respect for confidentiality.
- Highly effective organizational and multitasking skills.
- Team management and good mastery of teamwork
- Adherence to the ALIMA Principles and Charter.
- Flawless motivation and result oriented.
- Can work under stress & available on request.
- Experience with ALIMA or another Medical INGO is strongly desired
- Epidemiological background
- Familiar with GIS to design when necessary maps to localize an outbreak, and existing health facilities in a given area.
National Pay Scale Level 9.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV to the email below using "Data Manager & Analyst - Nigeria" as the subject of the mail, on or before 4th November, 2021.
Note: This job profile is not exhaustive, as it could change from time to time according to the needs of the project.
The Alliance for International Medical Action
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe