Community Engagement Officer at The American University of Nigeriawork The American University of NigeriaplaceGombeDate Posted: 2019-04-16
The American University of Nigeria is hiring a Community Engagement Officer in Gombe
Department: Atiku Center (AENEN)
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Duration: Three (3) Years
- American University of Nigeria (AUN) Yola is implementing the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded "Addressing education in North East Nigeria"
- The project is intended to develop and strengthen the education system in Adamawa and Gombe States which will enable it to deliver access to high quality education options that respond to the needs of all children without burdening it with addition cost that will result if parallel systems are created.
- The project will work with state partners and national and international academic institutions to analyze and understand the situation, prepare strategies for various scenarios and test and apply the best fit purpose in each situation. In 3 years, the project will reach 200 schools, 5000 teachers and over 200,000 learners.
Summary of Position
- The Community Engagement Officer will support the Community Engagement Specialist through developing in depth knowledge of local customs and culture and using this to ensure that project is well understood and supported by the various communities within the respective states.
- BA Sociology, Psychology or similar
- 2 years community experience in the area of education, livelihoods etc.
- Good local knowledge of the state
- Good network within the state system
- Experience in the education sector in the target state
- Ability to speak the local language preferred
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and References on or before 26th April, 2019.
- The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status
The American University of Nigeria
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe
Find information about a company or warn innocent job seekers about scam companies. Click here for more information