Communication Officer at Education as a Vaccinework Education as a VaccineplaceAbujaDate Posted: 2019-04-10
Education as a Vaccine is a non-governmental, youth focused organization that works in partnership with children and young people to advance their rights to health and protection from all forms of violence by strengthening their capacities providing direct services and influencing policies for improved quality of life. We are recruiting to fill the position of Communication Officer in Abuja.
Key Task and Responsibilities
This will include:
- Support production of MyQ quarterly newsletter and other general updates according to the communication and program objectives. For this purpose, gathers information (including interviews) with EVA staff, partners and beneficiaries.
- Packaging and disseminating MyQ reports, case studies, tools and other materials to maximize their use; Working closely with the Visual Communication Officer on the layout and design of any external
- The Communications Officer will provide advice and other practical support for the furtherance of MyQ core functions. This will involve:
- Supporting programs team in the development of progress reports to donors and other stakeholders;
- Supporting the ICCS team in mobilizing individuals to participate in campaigns.
- Supporting the fundraising team in the development and execution of fundraising events and campaigns
- Provide support to MyQ staff in the preparation of case studies, research publications, and lessons learnt reports etc. communication materials both offline and online.
- Updating the content of the website on a monthly basis to ensure dissemination of the organizational progress and achievement.
- Proactively seeking new resources where EVA and its work should feature.
Relations with media:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communication channels with mass media representatives, news services, editors, etc.
- Source and secure media opportunities for EVA to showcase its work during key commemoration days such as World AIDS Day, Children’s Day; International Women’s Day;
- Prepare news releases and other public briefing notes in relation to key developments in EVA’s work
Social media Engagement:
- The communications officer will work with individual staff to increase EVA’s social media presence to ensure that it improves EVA’s brand presence and remain useful to its stakeholders. This will include:
- Developing creative content for posting on MyQ facebook page, YouthPulse and Instagram page
- Updating all social media outlet at least twice a day with routine information about MyQ program activities
- Responding to comments and request coming from social media postings
- Coordinating the use of social media for reporting on the activities with other individual staff during special events
Demand Creation and Strategy:
- Support the implementation of the demand creation and strategy within the locality and other sites as designated by the project coordinator
- Seek out unique opportunities to promote the MyQ service to young people between the ages of 10-24 years.
- Represent MyQ service at external meetings and programs as designated by the project coordinator
- Support tracking of the implementation of the marketing strategy in states by collating reports from the focal persons
- Support the generation of program monthly reports for the hotline and/or SMS components
- Support the program coordinator in the development of project budgets
- Track and report on project progress and outcome using the organization's monitoring and evaluation tools
- Source for new funding opportunities and contribute to the development of proposals and concept papers for the project.
- Handle any other task or responsibility assigned by the Program Coordinator, Program manager or ED.
- A B.Sc or HND in Mass Communication or Media Studies
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in similar position
- Highly organized and detail orientated.
- Can work under intense pressure without losing focus.
- Strong skills in time management and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and can work with minimum supervision
- Extensive writing ability
- Excellent Oral communication skills
- Can work with a team to deliver positive results
- Strongly believes in and willing to uphold human rights values and positive youth development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply on or before 16th April, 2019.
Education as a Vaccine
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe