Associate, QA Engineer at Babban Gonawork Babban GonaplaceLagos, NigeriaDate Posted: 2021-11-05
Babban Gona is an award winning, high impact, financially sustainable and highly scalable social enterprise, part-owned by the farmers we serve. Babban Gona, was created to specifically attract youth to agriculture and away from the looming instability of extremist groups.
We accomplish this by franchising thousands of farmer cooperatives across Nigeria, dramatically increasing the profitability of the smallholder members 2.5 times above the national average. This dramatic increase in net income is accomplished by delivering an integrated holistic package of training, farm inputs and marketing services, on credit. Babban Gona has been able to deliver this credit while maintaining one of the highest repayment rates in the world, currently above 99%, leveraging our comprehensive 8 levels of risk mitigation. We developed the model with our partners that include His Highness Muhammad Sanusi II, the Sarkin (Emir) Kano, Nestle, IITA, DfID, USAID, GIZ, AGRA, BMGF, Skoll, Kiva, FMCB, Mulago, GIF and Rockefeller Foundation amongst others.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services.
- You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
Quality Assurance for all Babban Gona Technical Products:
- Develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality
- Translate designs into high-quality code
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Kotlin code
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
- Implement testing procedures and overseeing the QA process.
- Troubleshoot quality issues and modifying test procedures.
- Conduct analysis checks on product specifications.
- Ensure the successful deployment of products to the end-users.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- This position reports to Head, Enterprise Systems Engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in software development
- Proven Experience in Software Quality Assurance
- Proven experience in database testing in SQL inclusive of experience in the design and manipulation of test data and the validation of stored testing procedures.
- Prior experience as an Android Developer using Kotlin, Java and Android SDK
- Experience working with various QA tools inclusive of bug and defect tracking systems.
- Working knowledge of test management software (e.g. qTest, Zephyr)
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Knowledge of Node.js and any Node frameworks available
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Basic understanding of databases such as Mysql (No-sql databases such as Mongodb is a plus)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Have extensive experience in analytics, high-level problem-solving skills, and the ability to manage project.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Critical thinker; detail oriented.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL, scripting and mobile development cycle
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
Start Up Environment
- Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Annual paid vacation
- Group Life Insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below to apply.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe