Associate Design Studio Manager at The UNILAG Design Studiowork The UNILAG Design StudioplaceLagosDate Posted: 2022-01-28
- The UNILAG Design Studio is a product of collaborative effort between the University of Lagos and RICE360 Institute for Global Health Technologies, Houston, USA. The Design Studio is expected to be a Hub for raising the next generation of innovators from the University community and the general public. The central goal of the studio is to provide easy access to state-of-the-art specialized equipment and other relevant resources for innovation. In addition, the Studio space is positioned to offer conducive environment that encourages young talents to develop indigenous solutions using locally sourced materials.
- The daily operations of innovative specialized laboratory or workshop as well as any related specialized machinery and equipment;
- Providing oversight, technical direction and specialized skills on the use of a wide variety of machinery and equipment;
- Developing processes and procedures to ensure the safety and creativity of the Studio;
- Advising and serving as the lead support technician to students as it relates to project design and development
- Instructing students and student workers on safety and the effective use of equipment & tools, software, shop techniques, and safety protocol;
- Participating and assisting faculty and students with prototype design, development and research.
- A good Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Degree in Biomedical Engineering or related discipline from University of Lagos or any other recognized institution. A Master of Science (MSc) Degree in a related discipline will be an advantage.
- Applicants are required to have one (1) to three (3) years of experience in the following areas:
- Innovation product development
- Engineering and/or clinical research
- Working in a design laboratory
- Engineering design and prototyping
- Working with various Engineering Design Software (AutoCAD, COMSOL Multiphysics, Blender, Fusion360 etc)
- Additive Manufacturing & Laser Cutting Technology
- Embedded Systems, PCB design & fabrication
- Intermediate knowledge of at least, one computer programming Language (Python, C/C++ and or R etc)
- Knowledge of the engineering design process
- Problem solving and critical thinking mindset
- Ability to work independently, owning responsibility for timely completion of work
- Ability to multi-task and use good judgement to manage multiple and sometimes competing deadlines
- Ability to work under deadline with flexibility, tact, good judgment, and discretion
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with people from many different backgrounds and experiences
- Demonstrates Core Values in the following: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
- Demonstrated sensitivity to low resource settings
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to detail
- Ability to be proactive, take initiative
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge of analytical laboratory equipment
- Excellent organizational, time management, and verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work from Monday through Friday (8 am. to 4 pm) with a flexible schedule that includes some evening and weekend commitments.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Interested and qualified candidates should send a single PDF file containing (in order) copies of Application Letter, Resume / CV and Academic and Professional Certificates to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.on or before 1st March,2022.
The UNILAG Design Studio
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe