Admin Officer at The Eye foundation hospitalwork The Eye foundation hospitalplaceLagosDate Posted: 2020-10-13
The Eye foundation hospital - We are recruiting to fill the position of an Admin Officer in Ikeja, Lagos.
- The Administrative Officer is responsible for the majority of administrative duties in the company
- This person is the one who will manage employee records, organize files, answer calls, and provide support for the whole of the company
- As administrative officer, the ideal candidate will be highly organized, and able to handle financial records and expenses.
- Monitoring and maintaining office equipment, inventory supplies; orders replacement supplies as needed
- Creating, updating, and maintaining personnel records, and other records and databases
- Updating office policies and procedures
- Scheduling company calendar and updating as needed
- Preparing reports on expenses, office budgets, and other expenditures
- Supporting department managers, staff, and CEO
- Organizing conference room scheduling, equipment, and cleaning
- Preparing travel arrangements for office staff and managers; overseeing and preparing expense reports and budgets
- Coordinating building and maintenance issues for general repair (heating and air conditioning, security, etc.) and updating (carpet cleaning, painting, etc.).
- Organizing special functions and social events
- Purchasing of office consumables.
- Monitoring incoming and outgoing mail; signing for packages from USPS, FedEx or UPS; receiving mail and packages from couriers and delivering to proper recipient
- Preparing correspondence, documentation, or presentation materials
- Assisting other departments (such as financial department or HR) with administrative or clerical support.
- Exercises general control over all activities in Stores Department
- Ensures safe keeping both as to quality and quantity of materials supplied.
- Maintaining proper records.
- Initiate purchase requisitions for the replacement of stock of all regular stores items whenever the stock level of any item of store approaches the minimum limit fixed in respect thereof.
- Initiate action for stoppage of further purchasing when the stock level approaches the maximum limit.
- Checking and receiving purchased materials forwarded by the receiving department and to arrange for the storage in appropriate places.
- Reserving a particular material for a specific job when so required.
- Issuing materials only in required quantities against authorized requisition notes/material lists.
- Checking the book balances, with the actual physical stock at frequent intervals by way of internal control over wrong issues, pilferage, etc.
Client Relationship Management:
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and key personnel within customer companies.
- Conducting business reviews to ensure clients are satisfied with their products and services.
- Alerting the sales team to opportunities for further sales within key clients.
- Letting customers know about other products the company offers.
- Attending to clients' inquiries and queries and escalating appropriately.
- Building relationships with both new and existing clients.
- Escalating and resolving areas of concern as raised by clients.
- Carrying out client satisfaction surveys and reviews.
- Passing leads to the sales team and following up on progress.
- Liaising with internal departments to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance is preferable.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills; able to prioritize.
- Motivated to take on additional projects and solve problems.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and projects at hand.
- Able to organize and manage large amounts of files, tasks, schedules, and information.
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
- Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role, manages team members, leads assistant meetings, and supervises when needed.
- Able to perform clerical duties, maintaining files and confidential information, organizing documents as needed.
- Prior experience as office assistant, office administrator, or handling administrative responsibilities in a related field.
- Highly organized multitasker who works well in a fast-paced environment.
Computer Savvy Skills:
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); scheduling appointments / updating calendars on outlook and google calendar.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications on or before 28th October, 2020, using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
The Eye foundation hospital
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe