Admin and Logistics Assistant at CARE Internationalwork CARE InternationalplaceBornoDate Posted: 2021-08-11
CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We are recruiting to fill the position of an Admin and Logistics Assistant in Ngala, Borno.
- The Administrative and Logistics Assistant’s overall responsibility is to assist the Operations Unit to ensure that the day to day running of the main office administration is conducted in an efficient and cost effective manner while keeping in mind legal considerations and donor requirements where necessary.
- Ensure admin and log support (effective) to CARE Programmes. Reporting to the Operations Unit, (s)he is to assist to follow up and ensure office utilities, internal control, visitors/workshops logistics are provided.
- As part of the CARE administration team, the Admin and Logistics Assistant position undertakes and completes all administration and logistic tasks and requirements, provides support to staff, to programs, and to implement administration team projects.
- The position will report to the Operations Manager but will support the CARE management team were necessary.
The Core Areas of Performance for this Position are:
- Customer orientation
- Quality and timeliness of support provided
- Observance of policies and procedures
- Maintenance of relationships
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Coordinate routine and emerging facility maintenance including emergency repairs, installations, servicing and cleaning.
- Request and maintain facilities consumables such as electric bulbs and cleaning materials.
- Manage and ensure that both cleaners and cooks are well supervised in the discharge of their responsibilities.
- Respond and coordinate office space allocation in a manner that allows free movement of staff and guarantees staff comfort.
- Ensure that Office Asset and guest house asset are regularly available, maintained are effectively allocated.
- Oversee management of office and guest house asset such as furniture and fittings, IT and other equipment.
% of Time: 20%
- Responsible for management of CARE Asset Register.
- Ensure that CARE Asset are well tagged and properly branded.
- Routinely update CARE Asset register and ensure that any allocated asset is captured on the register.
- Conduct routine (quarterly and annual) asset inventory count at assigned locations and submit inventory report to the supervisor.
- Ensure compliance of CARE Asset Management Policy by all staff
% of Time: 20%
Travel Support Hotel Booking & Events Coordination:
- Booking authorized Flights with UNHAS both fixed wing & Helicopters Flights, & commercial flights as required including excess baggage and cargo.
- Booking authorized accommodation in CARE approved hotels list, including humanitarian hubs in the field areas, as required.
- Compile a database and price list for: accommodation, flights, courier services and keep them up-to-date and share.
- Keeping track/log book of hotel accommodation utilization and flight booking statuses and share it regularly.
- Under the direction of Operations Manager, participate in the researching and selection of flight service providers, hotel accommodation etc. This includes addressing new needs during new field office set up or in case there will be new flight/travel routes.
- Coordinate with the Finance regarding hotel accommodation and flights related payments, and ensure payments are done timely and only for the services provided.
- Provide support in any event including trainings and hotel accommodation arrangements.
- Maintain cordial, professional and ethical relationship with CARE contracted service providers, such as Travel Agents, Hotels and Hall Rental Agents.
% of Time: 15%
- Regularly request for office stationeries and other consumables in a timely fashion that eliminates stock out.
- Routinely update relevant inventory records for office stationeries and submit a monthly inventory report to Logistics Officer and Admin Officer.
- Ensure and implement a requisition system for office stationeries.
% of Time: 15%
Office Phone Directory:
- Maintain and update all CARE contact list (staff contact, donor and partners)
- Maintain CO petty cash operation and ensure internal controls and petty cash policy are followed adequately.
- Assist Operations Unit to ensure a clean and efficient working environment at all times.
- Manage Staff telephone directory and administer CUG phones and Airtime Cards to staff routinely.
% of Time: 15%
Record keeping, Filling and Archiving:
- Keep record of stationary usage for monthly orders (photocopy paper, flipchart paper, stationary for workshops and for the office)
- Archive and maintain library
- Maintain and update stationery inventory list on a daily basis and ensure replenishment is made accordingly.
- Record all incoming and outgoing correspondence on a tracking register
- Maintain and organize stationary cabinet, replenishing it as needed
- Make sure that all forms in the pigeon holes are always available and updated
- Ensure that operations team files are well arranged and documented.
- Arrange for old and outdated files are boxed, labelled and archived in the storage room.
% of Time: 15%
Perform Other Duties as Assigned:
Not limited only to:
- Type documents and input data as required
- Photocopy and bind documents as required
% of Time: 100%
- Ensure and Promote Gender Equality Diversity & Inclusion (GEDI) and be GEDI sensitive, creating an enabling environment where diversity can flourish, and all staff and stakeholders experience inclusion and appreciation.
There are three levels of problem-solving:
- What has to be done and how to do it are clearly defined, and the incumbent will face identical or similar problems on a regular basis;
- What has to be done is known, but how to do it is not defined. The incumbent must use interpolative skills to pick and choose the right strategy to address a given problem; and
- Why things are done is known, but what has to be done and how to do it are not defined.
- Situations are variable and the incumbent’s response will involve analysis, problem definition, development of alternatives, and making recommendations. She will face and address problems that are typically non-recurring.
Education / Training:
- Minimum of First Degree in Administration, Management or Business or equivalent experience OR a combination of education and work experience
- Familiarity with basic finance or accounting practices an advantage
- 1 - 2 years progressively responsible experience in administrative work.
- Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
- Excellent Analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work with minimum supervision
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint & Outlook (or similar software)
- Good knowledge of Administrative systems and practice, policies and procedures
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Familiarity with donor rules and regulations (EU, USAID, CIDA)
- Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Strong level of initiative to provide independent follows through on processing issues and concerns.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply on or before 22nd August, 2021.
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe