Admin and Finance Assistant at Mangrove & Partnerswork Mangrove & PartnersplaceAbujaDate Posted: 2021-02-08
Mangrove & Partners is focused on supporting state and development agencies to strengthen institutions and build the capacities, systems and partnerships for improved services. We are hiring an Admin and Finance Assistant in Abuja.
- Have you seen anyone defecating in the open before? Do you depend on ‘Mai Ruwa’ for your water supply? Do you know over 46 million Nigerians have no decent toilet? And only two of three Nigerians have access to a protected drinking water point? In fact, less than 10% of Nigerians have access to a piped water service and less than 5% have their fecal waste safely managed.
- Does this bother you? Would you like to do something about this? If you’re motivated by the desire to make a contribution to Nigeria’s effort to eliminate open defecation by 2025, provide sanitation facilities, improve access to drinking water for every Nigerian, everywhere by 2030, and you’re young and vibrant, and crazy about numbers, then this is your chance to join a new firm set up to support donors and strengthen public WASH institutions to provide the transformational environment and operations able to birth and sustain viable utility operations and services.
- Organize day to day travels and logistics of project teams;
- Conduct review of travel related expenditure;
- Implement financial procedures for managing, tracking, monitoring and recording project costs;
- Make payments, preparing bank reconciliations, making cash/cheque deposits to the bank;
- Maintain proper filling system both in hard and soft formats and make sure files are up to date;
- Assist Finance officer in entering transactions and payroll in accounting software; and
- Assist the Finance Officer with a variety of other administrative accounting tasks as directed.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor's degree / HND qualification.
- Young and vibrant personality;
- Self-starter and takes initiative;
- Very organized and detail-oriented; and
- Discreet and with a high sense of value.
Must Have Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Highly skilled with numbers and can crunch data;
- Very strong oral and written communication skills including writing proposals and reports;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A fair knowledge of accounting and QuickBooks accounting software.
- A flexible, adaptable and professional approach to work.
- Knowledge of USAID and its contractual and reporting procedure is an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should write and submit a 2-pager on "Why I am interested in contributing to addressing the challenges of water and sanitation in Nigeria through Accounting" on or before 21st February, 2021, using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Mangrove & Partners
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe