Accounting Associate at PiggyTech Global Limitedwork PiggyTech Global LimitedplaceLagosDate Posted: 2021-06-21
PiggyTech Global Limited (PiggyVest), a financial service company, is hiring an Accounting Associate in Lagos, NG
About the Accounting Associate position
- As an Accounting Associate, you will be responsible for all tactical and operational duties of the accounting function.
- This includes the preparation of accounting schedules, management reporting, statutory reporting, and internal and external stakeholder management. You will report to the Group Accounting Manager.
Accounting Associate responsibilities are:
- Maintain proper accounting records
- Prepare journal entries and post transactions
- Prepare monthly financial statements and bank reconciliations report in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards and relevant accounting concepts and principles
- Support the Accounting Manager in budget preparation, annual reports, audits, etc
- Review and confirm the correct tax computation and remittance and engagement of stakeholders for tax receipts
- Manage and report on petty cash and operational expenses within limits set by Group Accounting Manager and Chief Operating Officer
- Month-end closing activities like generating reports, cut off activities on specific workdays (monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Application of the principles of the accounting manuals and update to the manuals subject to the approval of the Finance Manager
- Development and update of Accounting SOPs
- Engagement of internal stakeholders as required to fulfill responsibilities
- Assist in the development and reporting of key performance metrics to help drive business productivity
- Ensure timely preparation and transmission of regulatory filings and other external reports
- Preparation of standard management reports and any other reports as may be required by management from time to time
- Any other responsibilities may be assigned by the Accounting Manager to fulfill the typical roles of the accounting function.
Accounting Associate requirements are:
- BSC in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- 2-3 years working as an Accountant or Auditor
- Professional certification or Part Qualification – (Professional level of ACA, ACCA is an added advantage)
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Good knowledge of Accounting Software (Sage, Quickbooks, Microsoft Dynamics, etc)
- Excellent communication skills
- Intermediate report writing skills
- Basic presentation skills
Competitive, based on experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply
Equal opportunity: The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of gender, race or disability status.
PiggyTech Global Limited
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe