Accountant at The Eye foundation hospitalwork The Eye foundation hospitalplaceOgunDate Posted: 2020-09-09
The Eye foundation hospital - We are recruiting to fill the position of an Accountant in Ijebu Mushin, Ogun
- Prepare Monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements
- Tracing of direct lodgment into the bank accounts and reconciliation with invoices and receipts raised.
- Raising of cheques for payment and daily banking operations.
- Preparation of Daily Bank Position Report.
- Preparation weekly schedule of all payables for approval and payment processing
- Prepare payment vouchers ensuring that transaction classifications are in appropriate headings
- Daily postings of all payment vouchers
- Maintain general ledger accounts for all assets, liabilities, income and expenses
- Prepare journal entries for accruals, prepayments, depreciation, amortizations, errors and variances.
- Perform accounting analysis for cash accruals, account payables, account receivables, reconciliations and foreign exchange.
- Reconcile Inter &/or intergroup account balances
- Provide appropriate accounting information on any customer accounts/ledger and balances whenever needed.
- Preparation and update of fixed assets register / schedule.
- Assist in detailing or resolving any accounting issues or queries of own Team
- Reconcile general ledger accounts with trial balance and revenue accounts with cash lodgment, receipt raise/issued and credit sales.
- Ensure that the accounting department adheres to the standard accounting principles and procedures of the company.
- Perform the end of the month account closing activities and report performance for the month.
- Review financial reports to identify and explain variances.
- Present monthly performance report at Management Team Meetings
- Adhere to standard accounting principles and company procedures.
- Follow documentation retention policy to maintain accounting files.
- Prepare a Step-by-Step listing of your work process; Please note that this is a critical function without which you will not qualify for any form of leave;
- Any other ad hoc duties as prescribed by the CFO or Head of Finance to assist in achieving Finance & Accounts Department and overall organizational objectives.
- B.Sc Accounting Only is required for this role
- Professional stage of ICAN is also required, Certified ICAN members will not be shortlisted.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in a similar role is required.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications on or before 21st September, 2020, using the Job Title as subject of the email.
The Eye foundation hospital
Click here to join our Telegram community
Click here to report a suspicious job posting
Subscribe to our mailing listSubscribe